Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
JeffHVT
JeffHVT began at the beginning.

Device: Jet Book Lite
simple 'handle' addition for the JBL

Thought I would pass this along, as it is a very simple aid in handling of the JBL. One of my reasons for purchasing an e-reader was to keep from dropping a heavy book, if I doze off. This keeps me from dropping the JBL.
Simply remove the battery cover and place a 1/8 to 1/4" rubber band around the lengthwise cover, then replace the cover. Placing three or four fingers under the snug elastic will help in holding the reader and prevent it from dropping from a 'droopy hand' if you doze off. I realize the the battery cover does not completely close, but I have had no problem with it falling off.
Sorry, can't figure how to simply paste an image from my computer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jbook.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	44198  
JeffHVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Might be able to do the same thing without the strain on the battery cover by using a piece of stick on velcro tape and a leather or cloth strap.

Just an idea.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert