Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
WOW!

Those were the fastest 'on-off' posts I've ever seen! Thanks to whoever did it!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Not sure who did it. I looked for it the moment I received the email but it was already gone. Either my email server is slow (possible) or more likely the mod who deleted it ran across it on their own. Either way, thanks for reporting it desertgrandma.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
It sounds like there is a story here somewhere...
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Not sure who did it. I looked for it the moment I received the email but it was already gone. Either my email server is slow (possible) or more likely the mod who deleted it ran across it on their own. Either way, thanks for reporting it desertgrandma.
I did not report it......I was just looking at the posts, and before I knew it, they were gone! Someone else here is on the ball......
Donnagedden, there was someone who posted 4 (think) messages about buying gaming stuff from them....'safer, faster," etc....funny. A real salesman........
Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, it was daffy who reported the SPAM.

As pointed out elsewhere, most of the time many of us moderators spend moderating is in stamping out SPAM when it pops up in the forum. It is the goal of all moderators to make MobileRead as enjoyable an experience as possible. One aspect of this is to fight SPAM. If you say, "What SPAM?", then we are doing a good job in that aspect. As a group we try to keep the forums clean and allow people to post. If you never notice us running around behind the scenes so much the better.
Advert
Old 08-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Sorry, it was daffy who reported the SPAM.

As pointed out elsewhere, most of the time many of us moderators spend moderating is in stamping out SPAM when it pops up in the forum. It is the goal of all moderators to make MobileRead as enjoyable an experience as possible. One aspect of this is to fight SPAM. If you say, "What SPAM?", then we are doing a good job in that aspect. As a group we try to keep the forums clean and allow people to post. If you never notice us running around behind the scenes so much the better.
Thats the first time I've seen something like that on here. My first reaction was "oh no, they've found us, and it was such a nice site!!" My second was 'wow, good job mr....." Unfortunately as popular as this site is getting, we're likely to see more and more..
Old 08-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

You've been here a few months desertgrandma and I am glad that that was the first one you have seen. THEY found us long ago. IMHO nothing ruins a good site like bunches of SPAM. Like broken windows on a house, you have to treat it quickly before it spreads.

We are very fortunate at MR to have mods with strange hours so there is almost always one on-line to find the SPAM. When the planets align we find it and eliminate it before any member sees it. Other times we receive reports from the members that press the "Report This Post" button on the gray bar at the start of each post. This sends an email to the mods alerting them to a member's concern. Even if I am working on something else I will follow-up on a report as soon as it comes in. Many times I arrive too late to do anything as another mod has already solved the problem.

So the real story here is that we do our best to keep SPAM at bay; but, if you see SPAM report it. We would rather have multiple reports of the same SPAM so we can eliminate it rather than somehow miss it and allow others to be bothered by it.

Raise your right hand as I swear all of you in as a SPAM fighter.

(Maybe Zelda can devise a SPAM Fighter badge.)
Old 08-03-2008, 12:54 AM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
My admiration and sympathy for the green fonted moderators just jumped to a higher level.

Thanks to all of you!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:42 AM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
One of the reasons I hand around this great Forum is because it is so SPAM free. I really appreciate the work the moderators do to make it so. I've visited other forums that are so SPAM-clogged, little real information or opinions can be exchanged.

PS: Where exactly is the 'Report This Post' button?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:04 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Raise your right hand as I swear all of you in as a SPAM fighter.

(Maybe Zelda can devise a SPAM Fighter badge.)
i can already see that badge in my mind. i'll get right on it. i too appreciate the spam-free atmosphere around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
PS: Where exactly is the 'Report This Post' button?
it's the little blue square with an exclamation point (!) in it, next to the karma button.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it's the little blue square with an exclamation point (!) in it, next to the karma button.
Ah - I thought that was the 'get-out-of-posting-karma-button'...

Seriously you green-labled persons...well done all, 'cause I can say- without fear of contradiction..."spam - what spam?"...

Geoff
(not a true monty-python fan)
(I hope you don't delete my chocolate messages as spam...)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, unutterable silliness