Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Where are my custom shelves?!?

I just upgraded to v2.0

Under the SHELVES, I have 'New Shelf' with the plus sign.

I created my first custom shelf and then added books to it. I pressed CREATE and when it went back to the SHELVES menu, there was nothing there, other than the one NEW SHELF mask that is in the software.

So...where do you see your custom SHELVES after having created them?!?

I can't seem to find anywhere on this new software where you see your shelves and can access them. Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 07-16-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you click on the library button on the bottom left of the home screen there is an option to bring up your shelves in there -- this obviously won't help you currently since your shelf isn't creating, so: you may need to sign out and back into your account on the Kobo Touch itself (go to settings/account - WARNING: this may delete your bookmark positions in your books - don't think it should, but others have reported that happening). This has fixed the no shelf created problem for others who have had it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Shankill
Nameless Being

robko's solution does work, but you lose all your data about sideloaded books, such as where you were in the book, notes, highlights and reading stats. It's rather frustrating, but it gets shelves working. Just make sure that if you do the sign-out-sign-in thing and you have an SD card in your Kobo, leave it in through the entire process.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
If you click on the library button on the bottom left of the home screen there is an option to bring up your shelves in there -- this obviously won't help you currently since your shelf isn't creating, so: you may need to sign out and back into your account on the Kobo Touch itself (go to settings/account - WARNING: this may delete your bookmark positions in your books - don't think it should, but others have reported that happening). This has fixed the no shelf created problem for others who have had it.
---------------------------------------------------

Yes, thank you, to yourself, Taming and all others that pointed me to having to sign out, and then back into my account. That did the trick!

Everything is working properly now within the latest released v2.0.0. I actually very much like this new edition. When things work, it all comes together....

Again, thank you all for helping me with my two 'broken' issues.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
robko's solution does work, but you lose all your data about sideloaded books, such as where you were in the book, notes, highlights and reading stats. It's rather frustrating, but it gets shelves working. Just make sure that if you do the sign-out-sign-in thing and you have an SD card in your Kobo, leave it in through the entire process.
--------------------------------------------

Yes, I can confirm that this route will get you up and running...

Thanks for your help!
Advert