Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Amazon Local (US) - free voucher for holiday mp3 album for 1.99

Amazon Local is offering a free voucher which lets you purchase a holiday mp3 album for $1.99. They mention a number of possible titles (see the details below) but I don't know if those are the only holiday albums the voucher works on - and my voucher isn't "live" yet so I can't check.

The little ticker on the website says the deal is good for about 2 days and 18 hours more (it's 6 am US Pacific time now), but these types of deals tend to sell out before they run out.

It says US customers only - sorry everyone else...

Anyway, here are details:

Quote:
The Details

It's just not the holidays without your favorite holiday tunes -- luckily Amazon MP3 has you covered with this exclusive deal! This free voucher lets you put the holidays in your earphones -- or computer or sound system -- for just $1.99. You'll find classic holiday collections, new favorites by hot new artists, and everything in between.

Free voucher to purchase one top holiday title for $1.99 on Amazon MP3
  • Relive childhood memories with A Charlie Brown Christmas -- newly remastered 2012 edition
  • Rod Stewart rings in the season with Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Can't pick just one artist? Holidays Rule has holiday faves from The Shins, Calexico, Eleanor Friedberger, and even Paul McCartney!
  • Make the holidays super-special for that young person in your life with Justin Bieber's Under the Mistletoe
  • Andrea Bocelli brings a touch of class to the season with My Christmas

What You Need to Know
  • Voucher will expire if not used toward the purchase of a top holiday title on Amazon MP3 by December 2, 2012
  • Limit 1 voucher per customer
  • Voucher is valid for a discount off the regular album price in MP3 format from Amazon MP3. Final purchase price after discount is $1.99 for MP3; customer will be responsible for payment to Amazon.com, plus applicable taxes
  • Voucher is not redeemable for any other types of merchandise sold at Amazon.com
  • Available only to U.S. customers
  • You may need to have, or download from Amazon, MP3 software in order to purchase certain Amazon MP3 products
  • Offer is not transferable, not exchangeable and has no cash value
  • Void where prohibited; Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time
  • Amazon.com account with valid credit card required to get this voucher
  • Voucher is available for use immediately after purchase

Other conditions apply
And the "other conditions":

Quote:
Additional Standard Voucher Terms

Unless otherwise stated in the "What You Need to Know" terms of a deal or required by law, the following terms apply to this voucher:
  • No cash value for any voucher.
  • Use of a voucher for alcoholic beverages is at the sole discretion of the merchant (which may be limited by applicable state, provincial or local law).
  • Vouchers cannot be combined with any other coupons or promotions.
  • Vouchers cannot be used for taxes, tips, prior balances, shipping or handling, as applicable.
  • Neither AmazonLocal nor the merchant is responsible for lost or stolen vouchers or voucher reference numbers.
  • Duplicate use, sale or trade of a voucher is prohibited.
  • The amount paid for the voucher on AmazonLocal does not include sales, value added or use taxes, which may be charged to you separately by the merchant at the time you redeem the voucher.
And the link:

http://local.amazon.com/national/
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
My voucher now went live, and there are 8 eligible albums - the five listed in the OP, and these additional three:

Sting: If On A Winter's Night

She & Him: A Very She & Him Christmas

various: The Essential NOW That's What I Call Christmas
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Thanks so much! Now I just need to decide ... Bocelli, Charlie Brown, the Essential compilation?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Thanks for posting this. Sure wish it was a voucher for $1.99 off any Christmas music. None of these albums interest me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You can gift the album to anyone with a US account, also.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I put in the code, Got it was successful then I buy an Album from the page and it still charged me full price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I put in the code, Got it was successful then I buy an Album from the page and it still charged me full price.
That's what I thought, too, but at the bottom of my order it says "Your order is being processed. The total, including promotions and Gift Certificates, will be available when it is complete". And the order status is "Pending".
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I thought I got charged full price, according to the order details, so I e-mailed customer service, and they said I was charged $1.99. I checked the order details from the link they sent, and sure enough, it showed the $1.99 price. I didn't get the usual e-mail after the order, but I suppose it will toddle along eventually.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:45 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
I thought I got charged full price, according to the order details, so I e-mailed customer service, and they said I was charged $1.99. I checked the order details from the link they sent, and sure enough, it showed the $1.99 price. I didn't get the usual e-mail after the order, but I suppose it will toddle along eventually.
Mine finally updated. it only cost me 99 cents. I had an extra $1 is mp3 credit.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:02 AM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
which albums did you guys get?

I'm kind of leaning towards the Holiday Rules one...
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
which albums did you guys get?

I'm kind of leaning towards the Holiday Rules one...
You don't want to know. I got JB's Not a fan but it was only 99 cents. I collect Christmas music so I thought I give it a try seeing my niece raves about him all the time. so far I found three songs that are worth listening too. The rest are yuck! So I guess I got my money's listening worth with three songs.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You don't want to know. I got JB's Not a fan but it was only 99 cents.
I always thought his name was Justin Beaver
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 AM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I always thought his name was Justin Beaver
I don't know but after complaining hubby gave me his Voucher turns out he had two mp3 credits from buying my Samsung Galaxy player on his account so for free I just picked up. The Essential NOW That's What I Call Christmas. This time I listened to all samples of the albums before choosing. So now I don't feel like I wasted my money. All is right in Blossom Land again.

The Essential NOW That's What I Call Christmas is all the traditional Christmas songs you grew up with sung by the originals artists. Very good compilation!

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:13 AM   #14
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
I didn't know the JB was only 99 cents

I think I'll get the Holidays Rule. I like most of the artists on that one
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
I didn't know the JB was only 99 cents

I think I'll get the Holidays Rule. I like most of the artists on that one
I had a $1 credit to combine with the offer. On the second one I bought Hubby had a $2 credit to combine with the Voucher so I got that for FREE.

I listen to samples of Holiday Rule but it didn't sound professionally done so I passed.