Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #1
Celeste
Celeste began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for PC, Kindle
sync Kindle for PC with kindle non-amazon product?

Hello everyone,

It seems that I cannot sync items in my Kindle for PC to my Kindle or vice versa unless it is something from amazon.

e.g., I find that I can create a mobi file & load it to my Kindle for PC and/or my Kindle, but I can't get them to talk to each other - syncing notes, bookmarks, last page read, etc.

on Amazon, I have found the library of the files that I sent to my Kindle, but I can't send them to my Kindle for PC

am I missing something?

I have the same problem with my second kindle for PC & my kindle cloud reader, but I'm guessing that these are other dimensions of the same problem.

Thanks for you help,
Celeste

Last edited by Celeste; 01-21-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: clarification
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Kindle for PC does not allow downloading of personal documents from the cloud. You can sync them if the books have an asin assigned and you sideload the books into K4PC yourself.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
Celeste
Celeste began at the beginning.

Device: kindle for PC, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Kindle for PC does not allow downloading of personal documents from the cloud. You can sync them if the books have an asin assigned and you sideload the books into K4PC yourself.
please excuse my ignorance ...
could you define asin & sideload
thanks
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
ASIN is Amazon's internal product number. Every item on Amazon, including ebooks, is assigned an ASIN.

Sideloading is when you add ebooks to the Kindle that do not get downloaded directly from Amazon. For instance, if you connect your Kindle to your computer via a USB cable, and drag and drop an ebook onto your Kindle's documents folder, that is sideloading.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote