Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
terragady
terragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura about

Device: PW1
I do not have dictionaries on my Kindle PW

Hi,

i have problem with my KPW1. I do not have any dictionary at all on device, cloud or wherever. What can be wrong and how I can get them?
I was trying of course restarting, deregistering, factory resetting etc.

I do not actually know If they were there because I get my kindle few days ago and havent check before for them.
Firmware is the latest one 5.3.8
terragady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
When it is registered with Amazon, the dictionaries should be available for download and you will see them on your "Manage my Kindle" page on Amazon.com. If it is registered and they are not there, you should contact customer service.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
terragady
terragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura aboutterragady has a spectacular aura about

Yes they are not there...
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
jeffyen
Connoisseur
jeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2
Do you see any of your paid books at www.amazon.com/myk ?
jeffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #5
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
I had that with my new PW1 I just bought. I just copied the Dictionaries from my PW2 to my Desktop and then dropped them into my PW1.
allowingtoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
terragady

I do not have paid books from amazon because I am buying them from different library in my mother tongue. I can see there only quick guides.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #7
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

It will go under Documents

http://www.epubor.com/how-to-change-...to-kindle.html
Old 10-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by terragady View Post
I do not have paid books from amazon because I am buying them from different library in my mother tongue. I can see there only quick guides.
Perhaps it is a geographical problem? Where are you located?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:46 AM   #9
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

I fixed him/her. Problem solved

Of course terragady if you want something other than the English dictionaries feel free to say so...

Last edited by allowingtoo; 10-12-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #10
jeffyen
Connoisseur
jeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheesejeffyen can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
I fixed him/her. Problem solved

Of course terragady if you want something other than the English dictionaries feel free to say so...
How was it solved? What caused it in the first place?
jeffyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyen View Post
How was it solved? What caused it in the first place?
My guess is the OP bought a blacklisted Kindle. Blacklisted means Amazon knows it was stolen or lost and they disabled its ability to be registered. Not capable of being registered means no dictionaries from the cloud.

Fixed probably means that allowingtoo, who we know bought a blacklisted PW1 on eBay from his admission on another thread, probably deDRMed a dictionary and sent it to the OP. That is my guess.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

Get over yourself Jack
Old 10-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
allowingtoo
Bibliophile

While everyone is whinging about my Kindle - should I point them over to the Kindle Developer's Corner where they teach you how to Jailbreak your Kindle? I'm sure Amazon is not happy about that. Yet it resides in the same forum as this.

There are plenty of Free Dictionaries on the Internet.

Done. Zipping lip ~~~~~~~
Old 10-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #14
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post
While everyone is whinging about my Kindle - should I point them over to the Kindle Developer's Corner where they teach you how to Jailbreak your Kindle? I'm sure Amazon is not happy about that. Yet it resides in the same forum as this.
And exactly what is wrong with jailbreaking a device that you own? It is perfectly legal at least in the civilized countries of this world, and whether Amazon likes it or not is totally irrelevant.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:22 AM   #15
terragady

Yes problem is solved (but its not really how it should be, there is still no dict in my cloud...)
My Kindle is not stolen or blocked (neither blacklisted). I could easily register it and already talked with amazon services where they disabled special offers for me (for free! ). I bought it through ebay from US and I am living in Germany.