Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 06:47 PM   #1
mikeinbrooklyn
mikeinbrooklyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can't copy downloaded Ebooks

Hi all and thanks for any help.

I have my kindle for a few months and was always able to download to my PC and use Copy/Paste to copy the book to my Kindle.

Tried doing this today. My PC recognized the Kindle when I plugged it into the USB port, I copied the books I wanted and pasted them into the Kindle and they appeared in my PC's display of the Kindle file but when I remove the Kindle from
the PC they are not appearing on the Kindle home page.

Dell 8300
Windows XP - totally up to date.
mikeinbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Are you sure you put them in the documents folder on the Kindle?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
Please clarify - are these books purchased from Amazon? Elsewhere? If from Amazon you can just re-download. Copied books won't work. DRM prevents this. Some vendors sell books without DRM.

Last edited by SamuraiXSendai; 06-02-2012 at 07:05 AM.
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
mikeinbrooklyn
mikeinbrooklyn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for help - yes I was pasting them into documents and these are from project Gutenberg.
I managed to 're-install' the kindle and it solved the problem
Thanks again
mikeinbrooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
szhjcn
szhjcn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I had simular problems. Using Calibre transferred files over to Kindle. Then disconnected and restarted Kindle but books were not visible. Re-connected to the PC and checked using windows explorer and the files were there.

Ended up resetting the device which deletes all content, then reloaded all the titles.

I just hope this is not necessary evertime I update books on the device.
szhjcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 06:10 AM   #6
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
You could try rebooting the Kindle (press and hold power button for 20 seconds) if it happens again. A factory reset that deletes all the content should only be a last resort.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote