Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
lenkost
lenkost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Sony PRS-505
Search Performance

Does Calibre database use indexes to improve search performance?
How can I speed up search for a large library of books? Currently it may take up to 30 sec. on Win 7 Core 2 Duo CPU with 3GB of memory.

Is it possible to port database in MS SQL Server?

Thank you.
lenkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkost View Post
How can I speed up search for a large library of books? Currently it may take up to 30 sec. on Win 7 Core 2 Duo CPU with 3GB of memory.
Go to Preferences - Searching and limit the columns you search. I have a 8800+ book library and limit my searches to title, authors, tags, series, and publisher and a search takes about a second or two.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert