Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
Nook side-loaded content?

Hey guys. This is a question for the people that already have a nook. How does it handle side-loaded content. I have about 50 or so ePubs already that I would migrate to the nook, however I understand some of the features don't work on them such as bookmarking and cover flow. So how much more of a hassle is it to navigate these books? Also, since bookmarking is not available on side-loaded books, does that mean that I have to memorize page numbers every time I stop reading? Thanks!
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Bookmarking, dictionary look up, annotations work on side loaded content. With only 50 books, navigation will not be that difficult. The nook will display 10 books per page arranged by the authors name. Cover flow is not implemented with side loaded content and you have no ability to sort your books by title, or recently accessed like you can do on the Kindle.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert