Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
Cool ITunes 12

This may not be news to all but I was at the ITunes site and noticed that there is a new ITunes, ITunes 12, which is a DRM removal offer on the music you have bought from them for an additonal fee.

ITunes look at your collection there and then tell you which tracks, albums they can remove the DRM from and how much it will cost.

In my collection they were offering to remove the DRM on 71 songs for £9.85.

My track collection is over 300, a lot of pounds.

I just wonder if ITunes is about to change the download industry again and the likes of Mobipocket will start offering the same DRM removal service for a fee.

What do you think?
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I think its good they are sacking drm but I think its bad they want to charge you to remove it from your already purchased songs. This is probably the only situation I would consider using some program to remove it on my own. However I've never used iTunes . I have always purchased drm free music
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #3
pagansoul
Fanatic
pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pagansoul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone5, iPad Gen3, Kobo, Kindle Fire, Kobo Vox. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
You can remove it on your own, always could. Just rip a CD off the music purchased and reload onto your computer and delete the original file of protected AAC. The iTunes program not only removes the old DRMd record but it also upgrades the bit-rate from the old 128 AAC to VBR AAC.
pagansoul is offline   Reply With Quote