Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Sorry Just Have to Rant!

Ok,
I took a deep breath and counted to Ten and that is how I ended up posting in this forum instead of replying to a post I had seen elsewhere.

So my issue is this why are people so self absorbed that they have to find a way to work how important/ExpertknowitallKING/QUEENoftheUNIVERSE they are into a post? The post was basically someone asking an opinion about a certain device's capability compared to another's, One poster proceeded to take the long way by describing how they have had every reader known to man and for whatever reason didn't like the previous one and instead of returning it just forked over the cash for a different one, and figured out how to fit in a description of how much disposable income they have wasted on some other gadgets. And by the end of it really provided no information to the OP other than if you happened to be taking your device on the Space Shuttle be careful of the G's on take off because it might inadvertently turn the page or some useless babble that no ordinary individual will ever experience under normal use. I know opinion's are like _______ Everyone has one and they all Stink! So for those of you that want to just increase your post count or size of your EGO TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE! (Present Poster Excluded)

Rant Complete
Now Let's Return to your normally scheduled postings!

JJ

And no it wasn't a reply to one of my Post's
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
What the hell does rant mean?

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 07-05-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 03:15 AM   #3
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

http://www.lesscrappy.com/tvpage.asp?ID=162
rant |rant|
verb [ intrans. ]
speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way : she was still ranting on about the unfairness of it all.
noun
a spell of ranting; a tirade : his rants against organized religion.
PHRASES
rant and rave shout and complain angrily and at length.
DERIVATIVES
ranter |_røn(t)_r| |_rant_| noun
rantingly |_røn(t)__li| adverb
ORIGIN late 16th cent. (in the sense [behave in a boisterous way] ): from Dutch ranten ‘talk nonsense, rave.’

JJ
Old 07-05-2008, 03:20 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Ok,
I took a deep breath and counted to Ten and that is how I ended up posting in this forum instead of replying to a post I had seen elsewhere.
Rant Complete
Now Let's Return to your normally scheduled postings!...
Tee hee. You're funny when you're angry, Jerry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post

http://www.lesscrappy.com/tvpage.asp?ID=162
I was going to post this when the discussion about "defenestration" was occurring elsewhere. It's one of my favourite scenes.

BTW, Jerry, there's actually a "Vent and Rant" thread in the Lounge somewhere. It's not just one person's "vent and rant". It's an open thread for venting and ranting about anything that has cheese-grated your blackboard lately, from actors with the intelligence of a bowl of porridge who get their faces (and more) plastered across "news" outlets because one of their children just "sicked up" in front of the vile paparazzi ("photographers", my big, hairy arse! They're just push-button stalkers that greasy mags and newspapers give expensive, long glass to), to that bloody stinkin' vacuum plastic packaging that you can't open to get at your purchase with anything less than a fire department's "jaws of life".

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:32 AM   #5
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You should see me tipsy and Angry ( a regular Benny Hill)

Quote:
BTW, Jerry, there's actually a "Vent and Rant" thread in the Lounge somewhere. It's not just one person's "vent and rant". It's an open thread for venting and ranting about anything that has cheese-grated your blackboard lately,
Bad move telling me about that Thread Marc, Now I will never get any work done. My Post count will grow exponentially now Look OUT ZP! It just Occurred to me that they should make it a sticky!

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-05-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Advert
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

I was going to post this when the discussion about "defenestration" was occurring elsewhere. It's one of my favourite scenes.

BTW, Jerry, there's actually a "Vent and Rant" thread in the Lounge somewhere. It's not just one person's "vent and rant". It's an open thread for venting and ranting about anything that has cheese-grated your blackboard lately, from actors with the intelligence of a bowl of porridge who get their faces (and more) plastered across "news" outlets because one of their children just "sicked up" in front of the vile paparazzi ("photographers", my big, hairy arse! They're just push-button stalkers that greasy mags and newspapers give expensive, long glass to), to that bloody stinkin' vacuum plastic packaging that you can't open to get at your purchase with anything less than a fire department's "jaws of life".

Cheers,
Marc

Ah, but this is a "Rant" thread - not a "Vent" one - that must mean it doesn't have 'holes' in it....

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:31 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
You should see me tipsy and Angry ( a regular Benny Hill)
well listen, if you're going to get all overheated, the least you can do is be entertaining about it, right ?

Quote:
Bad move telling me about that Thread Marc, Now I will never get any work done. My Post count will grow exponentially now Look OUT ZP! It just Occurred to me that they should make it a sticky!

JJ
oh, it's very cathartic ! try it, i think you'll like it. and don't worry about me and my post count. i don't seek validation in big numbers. plus, if no-one else ever said anything, it would just be me chattering away in a void, and that's a lot less interesting. so post away, jerry, by all means...

oh, and thanks for passing along the warning about liseuses on the space shuttle. i'll be sure to keep that in mind, the next time i go into orbit.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote