Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #466
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Tangled was everything everybody said it was and worth every penny! And I just bought Frigid by J.Lynn, I'm so happy, 2 books that I highly anticipated in 1 day!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #467
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
I just read Tangled. Thanks Atunah!!! . OMG that book was good. I have a huge weakness for that type of hero because when they fall, they fall SO HARD, and to get a whole book from one such guy's POV is pure reading heaven for me.
Okay, someone needs to post at least the author's name for this one. Putting "tangled" into any search anywhere is far too vague.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:18 AM   #468
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free from Amazon today, another Fela Dawson Scott novel:

Spirit of the Mountain US DE (orig. Leisure, 1995). My, are the older covers way better!

Quote:
She had befriended the cougar and survived alone in the wilds of the Great Smoky Mountains, until finding true peace living as one with the Cherokee people. She was also the loveliest woman Nathan Walker had ever laid eyes on, and as far as the handsome trapper was concerned, the wilderness was no place for her. Determined to lead the orphaned beauty back to civilization and a heritage she had never known, he vowed to be prepared for whatever dangers crossed their path. But what he didn’t count on was his growing passion for the remarkable woman they called Spirit of the Mountain.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #469
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I get that. Just surprised that it's Penguin of all the pubs that are allowed to be couponed and not the others. Not complaining that they are though.
I'm happy it's Penguin - somehow the majority of books I put on my wishlist/maybe list are published by them. With my local account most Penguin books are $6.59 for me and couponable, as opposed to $7.99 on the US side but I have a problem with availability on the local side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Tangled was everything everybody said it was and worth every penny! And I just bought Frigid by J.Lynn, I'm so happy, 2 books that I highly anticipated in 1 day!
I KNEW you would love it! So happy it was worth the wait and price

If you read Frigid soon come back and tell us what you think. Depending on what you say I might just go ahead and buy it; the library did not release it today, so July 30 it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
Okay, someone needs to post at least the author's name for this one. Putting "tangled" into any search anywhere is far too vague.
The book is Tangled by Emma Chase
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #470
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Samhain's mid-month freebie:

Biting Nixie (Biting Love #2) by Mary Hughes

Kindle | Nook | Samhain (free soon)

Quote:
Punk musician Nixie Schmeling is a hundred pounds of Attitude who spells authority a-n-c-h-o-r and thinks buying insurance is just one more step toward death. So she really feels played when she’s “volunteered” to run the town’s first annual fundraising festival. Especially when she finds out it’s to pay for a heavy-hitting, suit-wearing lawyer—who’s six-feet-plus of black-haired, blue-eyed sex on a stick.

Attorney Julian Emerson learned centuries ago that the only way to contain his dangerous nature is to stay buttoned up. He’s come from Boston to defend the town from a shady group of suits…and an even shadier gang of vampires. But his biggest problem is Nixie, who shreds his self-control.

Nixie doesn’t get why the faphead shyster doesn’t understand her. Julian wishes Nixie would speak a known language…like Sanskrit. Even if they manage to foil the bloodthirsty gang, what future is there for a tiny punk rocker and a blue-blooded skyscraper?

And that’s before Nixie finds out Julian’s a vampire…

Last edited by apesmom; 07-15-2013 at 11:15 AM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #471
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm happy it's Penguin - somehow the majority of books I put on my wishlist/maybe list are published by them. With my local account most Penguin books are $6.59 for me and couponable, as opposed to $7.99 on the US side but I have a problem with availability on the local side.
i'm sure it will be the same with the Canadian site, I'll have to 'travel' to the US to see the 'real' prices.

Quote:
I KNEW you would love it! So happy it was worth the wait and price

If you read Frigid soon come back and tell us what you think. Depending on what you say I might just go ahead and buy it; the library did not release it today, so July 30 it is
I started it last night so I'll let you know. It's one of my weird things to start a book immediately after I finish one, I can't just not be reading a book at any given time.

Couple of $.99 deals. Fair warning, neither of these sounds like 'sunshine and bunnies' reads!
First one was on my wishlist rated VERY highly, Fading by E.K. Blair
blurb:Can a guilty conscience keep wounds from healing?

Fine arts major, Candace Parker, grew up with a mother who thinks image is everything, and her daughter’s perfection will never be good enough. About to graduate college and pursue her dreams of becoming a professional ballerina, Candace decides it’s time to let go and have a little fun. But fun is short-lived when a brutal attack leaves her completely shattered.

The memories that consume and torment Candace are starting to destroy her when she meets Ryan Campbell, a successful bar owner. He feels instantly connected and tries to show her that hope is worth fighting for. But is Ryan harboring his own demons? As walls slowly begin to chip away, the secrets that are held within start to become painful burdens.

At what point do secrets become lies?

(17+) This book contains mature subject matter that is not suitable for those under the age of 17.

The second one I bought right away upon release. It is very dark, gritty, but I give it a solid 4 stars. I've fallen in love with her writing and gave all of her 'Never Say Never' series 5 stars. [yes, they're all dark and very gritty too, most involve murder, attempted rape, drug use, prostitution, etc]
Anyways the book is 'Real Ugly' by C.M. Stunich
blurb: A New Adult Rock Star Romance
Mature - Ages 18 and Up. Contains sex, drugs, violence, and rock 'n' roll.
From the Amazon Bestselling Author of 'Losing Me, Finding You' and 'Keeping Never'

"These are real people with real problems. This is real life, and it's real f*cked up."

Turner Campbell is an asshole.
I f*cking hate him.
But I can't get enough either.
He sings like an angel and f*cks like a devil.
If I could, I'd run away and never look back because to tell you the truth, I think this man might be the death of me.

& & &

Naomi Knox is a bitch.
I can't f*cking stand her.
But I can't stop thinking about her either.
She looks like an angel and plays like a devil.
If I could, I'd f*ck her good and forget all about her, but to tell you the truth, I think this woman might be my last saving grace.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #472
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Well I'm here at the clinic and forgot my Kindle. Hubby's in surgery. My big military Guy had a meltdown in Pre-Op. They came and got me. So I stay with him till the gave him something to relax.

So my free books post will be late. I've had no sleep so nap when I get home.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #473
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Well I'm here at the clinic and forgot my Kindle. Hubby's in surgery. My big military Guy had a meltdown in Pre-Op. They came and got me. So I stay with him till the gave him something to relax.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby. Total bummer on forgetting your Kindle! Do you have any other device with you that you can read on? In a situation like this I'd go a little nuts with nothing to read. I'd probably end up reading the same page over and over but trying to read or distract myself otherwise helps
Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #474
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
I started it last night so I'll let you know. It's one of my weird things to start a book immediately after I finish one, I can't just not be reading a book at any given time.
I do that all the time; even late at night, on weeknights, no less
Old 07-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #475
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:

Best wishes, thoughts and prayers to you and your hubby. I hope all goes well with prescription too. Please keep us posted. *hugs* to you.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #476
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I do that all the time; even late at night, on weeknights, no less
Yep, same here! Just one of my many quirks!

Any fans of the TV show "Justified"? I've had a couple of the Elmore Leonard books on my wish/watch lists because I love that show, and "Raylan" is $1.99 and is Amazon's deal of the day if you're interested.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #477
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

All the best for you and your husband!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #478
Britomart
Guru

Free from Amazon:

Untethered US DE by Marcia Lynn McClure.

Quote:
A man tethered by pain and guilt borne of past tragedy,
A young woman with the soul of a guardian angel,
And an unspeakable evil about to be unleashed.

As Cricket lay in the soft comfort of her bed, continuing to let her mind nest on thoughts of how truly wonderfully attractive Texas Ranger Thibodaux was, she giggled, thinking that looking at him was more refreshing than swimming naked on a summer Sunday afternoon. He was a tall drink of water—far taller than most of the other men in town—and his shoulders were as broad as the state of Texas itself. Sky-blue eyes, bronze skin, square jaw, and dark hair—and that smile! In truth, Cricket had only seen Heathro Thibodaux smile three or four times, but each incidence was something she’d never forget. His smile was bright and white, and the gold tooth he owned on the upper-right incisor of his smile only embellished the richness of it.

That one tooth. Cricket’s smile faded as she thought of it. Oh, no doubt the flash only added to the splendor of his smile. Yet it also served as a reminder to anyone who had ever read or heard of what had happened in Texas one year before. No doubt it was a powerful remembrance to Heathro Thibodaux himself—a visual indication of true barbarity, pain, and loss.

In that moment, Cricket wondered—when Heathro looked in the mirror each morning and saw that tooth, did he think of eight dead girls buried in the bottom of a bleak and barren canyon? Did he think of the eight dead girls that he, for no fault of his own, had been unable to save?
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #479
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:

So sorry Blossom. I hope your hubby gets through it all ok. And you too.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #480
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Going Cowboy Crazy (Deep in the Heart of Texas Series #1)
Katie Lane 0.99 Nook Book

Quote:
When heads to Bramble, Texas in search of her twin sister, she suffers a case of mistaken identity. The townspeople, mistaking her for her sister Hope, try their darndest to set her up with Slate Calhoun. Just when things are starting to heat up, Hope comes home to Bramble.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote