Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
vldmr
Bigendian confidologist
vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vldmr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: edge & edgejr
Allmine universal update

A friend of mine got new full size edge and asked me to install latest upgrades on it. I decided to take this opportunity to update allmine to a single installer for both pocket and full edges. Here it is, attached to this post.

Improvements:
  • Works on both models producing normal update animation (without chilling video effects on full size edge)
  • Correctly sets up serial number on full size edge
  • Installs fix for frame buffer permissions to allow user applications (such as orion viewer) to display on eink
  • Correctly restarts device when installation is finished

Installation instructions from original pe-only version still apply. In brief, just install it right after installing ermine update. Installation itself takes about 3 minutes, but first restart after that takes longer than usual, maybe 5 minutes, do not panic.

It also shall be quite safe to install this on top of previously installed allmine just to fix frame buffer permissions without dealing with command line.

All usual disclaimers apply - your mileage may vary (wildly, depending on what you already have on your device).

Update 2013-03-12: Created new version that includes fix to allow applications to read input from hardware buttons on reader side, and input from wacom pen.

Additionally includes fix for native browser on EE to prevent crashing on javascript intensive sites as described in this post.

Version bumped to 0.5.

Attached Files
File Type: zip Allmine-Universal-0.5.zip (8.59 MB, 1281 views)

Last edited by vldmr; 03-13-2013 at 12:15 AM.
vldmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Great! Now, this is ridiculous. This exactly night I've also made a new Allmine update, but separate packages for EE and PE, and was just about to create a topic about it. No point to do it now, of course, but still I'll post my results here.

My updates too work flawlessly on both EE and PE. Like yours, vldmr, they do fix serial numbers for all eDGe colors, not only black units like the original Allmine. I place them here just because they address one issue that yours currently doesn't: they fix library regardless of whether it is located in internal memory or on SD card.

Update: modified vldmr's Universal Allmine to patch library on SD card if one is found. See in attachment. My previous separate files removed.

Update 2: added support of shorter than 13 character serial numbers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Allmine-Universal-0.4.zip (6.31 MB, 1215 views)

Last edited by Burgher; 04-20-2012 at 07:05 AM. Reason: update
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

By the way, I've also built golden Ermine and Allmine for the full-size EE. It installs and boots properly, but results in an OS that is unable to install apps and connect to wifi. Why could that be?..
Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Smile

Two great news come together!

But now: which one to install? Yesterday poor, now too rich to decide
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Burgher
Connoisseur

Well, currently, if you have library on SD, use my build. If you use sunlifeng's modified Coolreader or other custom apps that utilize the E-Ink screen and still don't have automatic permissions creation for them, install vldmr's build. If you need both, you could install both or wait for a combined version. If you need none of these two features, install any.

Last edited by Burgher; 04-08-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
Burgher
Connoisseur

Made a combined version. Modified. Allmine-Universal-0.4.zip

Last edited by Burgher; 04-20-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
What about a few lines of how to do the update?
Thank you.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #8
Burgher
Connoisseur

As stated in the first post, original Allmine instructions by ktwombley still apply.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Thanks vldmr, Burgher, will try the combined version tomorrow because I was unable to fix my library, somehow the sqlite3 .... library update fix did not work for me, in addition I had problems in Allmine with moving stuff to the SD card, while I had no problems before under Ermine ... Under Allmine, is the thread by kennyminot
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124
using link2sd still the way to go or are there different instructions that one should follow ?

Last edited by fekhner; 04-08-2012 at 08:39 PM.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
Great! Now i'm stuck in that activation screen.
No, the corner bypass solution dont work.

later edit:
started again, from Downgrade to Dingo, Upgrade to Ermine, Allmine universal update.
All is ok now, market and all google stuff.
Thank you.

Last edited by Arbait; 04-10-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Could, please, someone list all the (100% working) features different from the stock Ermine beta?

Thanks very much guys
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Google playstore works very well + framebuffer fix that makes coolreader and orionviewer for e-ink side work ...
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
any chance for a pablo type golden installer with coolreader and orionviewer installed?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #14
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Wow!

I'm so happy people are still here, still working on these marvellous devices! Thank you!

I'm using both of my eDGes every day. Haven't updated from stock Ermine either because I'm lazy or because I see no need -- they work fine for my purposes as-is! Nevertheless, I'm downloading the updates just in case, and very grateful to have them!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #15
Burgher
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
any chance for a pablo type golden installer with coolreader and orionviewer installed?
Yes, I already have several versions, but not quite stable yet.