Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #91
slickferret
slickferret began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by iozy View Post
http://kindlemap.net/

apologies if this has been mentioned before?
Anyone else notice that google maps works fine of the Kindle 3 now? So you don't need a 3rd party site anymore? I don't have the Kindle 2 any more, but I wonder if it's the same...
slickferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 PM   #92
T.D.02809
Enthusiast
T.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litterT.D.02809 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3rd Gen WiFi, Kindle App for MAC
I appreciate the time and effort daffy4u and poohbear_nc have given to this list/thread. Very helpful info for me. Thanks.
T.D.02809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #93
T.D.02809
Enthusiast

I just viewed your dropbox. Thanks is due to you for this organizing work. Much appreciated thomass.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #94
T.D.02809
Enthusiast

Apology for not including in prior Thank You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
I have started to collect links on this thread (and some other) on a html file : tinyurl.com/linkler (dropbox) or kindlehome.wordpress.com since it is not easy to find on this thread. Maybe they would be collected on the first post, too?
I assigned a shortcut for this page like this:
Code:
 H H = # 'k3_Home' 'Del' "http://tinyurl.com/linkler" 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'FW_Right' 'k3_FW_Press'
Apology for not including in prior Thank You. I am learning.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:07 AM   #95
bookmania
bookmania began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2 3G
why does "search my items" not searchs pdf files?

any way?

Last edited by bookmania; 09-21-2011 at 09:14 AM.
bookmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #96
papapatty
papapatty doesn't litterpapapatty doesn't litter

Device: Fire
This is great, thanks....we need some updates for the Kindle Fire!
papapatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:46 PM   #97
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Welcome aboard, papapatty!

We probably don't need to put any special links here for the Kindle Fire as it has a browser capable of quickly perusing any part of the internet. These links are to pages that work well w/ the e-ink Kindles' experimental browsers and slow page-loading times.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 PM   #98
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
If my googling is correct, no one has yet mentioned, in this thread, a terrific source for the best long newspaper and magazine articles:

www.longform.org

Option 1: Go to the link above on a PC, set up the Send to Kindle feature, and use it to later read the article on your eReader.

Option 2: Use the Kindle browser. I like the link when transformed by readingthenet.com and tinyurl into:
[Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR]

The above link does not include the actual long articles, just links to them. However, the Kindle-friendly format is usually preserved when you follow the article links.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:36 AM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:23 PM   #99
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Congratulations for this amazing thread! I wish I had found out about it earlier!

For the translation: useful tool! Especially because books in other languages (French, Italian, etc...) are almost impossible to find (or at least there is a lot less variety)

Ciao!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 AM   #100
Pollik
Pollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-booksPollik has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3

Last edited by Pollik; 10-03-2011 at 03:58 AM.
Pollik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #101
wuat
wuat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for this, op!
wuat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #102
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Hi everyone! I'd love to add my website to the list, it is called Kubizo: http://www.kubizo.com. There are three sections:
1) How to change Kindle screensaver, including an automatic application that installs the screensaver. You do not need to fumble with hacks
2) A gallery of Kindle screensaver pictures
3) Coming soon (still working on it), a Kindle screensaver generator

Thanks everyone!
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #103
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubizo View Post
Hi everyone! I'd love to add my website to the list, it is called Kubizo: http://www.kubizo.com. There are three sections:
1) How to change Kindle screensaver, including an automatic application that installs the screensaver. You do not need to fumble with hacks

Thanks everyone!
very nice
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM   #104
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubizo View Post

Thanks everyone!
Wow! That looks awesome!

Do you have a "wish list" / suggestion box?

I would love to be able to either:

1. Add to the default screen savers. The stock ones do not bother me, in fact there are a few that I like, but I would love to be able to add some variety.

or...

2. Use the book covers on the Kindle as screen savers.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #105
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool hmmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Add to the default screen savers. The stock ones do not bother me, in fact there are a few that I like, but I would love to be able to add some variety.
you can do that right now, we can discuss how in another thread if you like, pick or start one.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote