Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-05-2003, 10:19 PM   #31
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by cbarnett
Hey, how do I lose this "Junior Member" status, hmmm?
You just did...

Cheers,
Gary
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 10:25 PM   #32
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally posted by drc54
Hmm, trying to comprehend this new policy. Actually, was looking for other users who may had experience problems with their SD 64Mb Sandisk card. I know there are other forums, but was hoping it would be easier to navigate on this site.

I can't help you with the SD problem (being a Clie owner, it's memory stick only for me )

However, I find this site really easy to navigate. The areas areset out well, you can subscribe to the forums or threads that interest you and be notified when posts are made to them, or just click on the links for new and updated threads....easy, and quick.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2003, 10:27 PM   #33
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally posted by gvtexas
You just did...

Cheers,
Gary
Ack! Thanks Gary!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:31 PM   #34
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Ack! Thanks Gary!
You're welcome! I just gained admin status today, and you were my first promotion. Wasn't real sure whether I'd end up upgrading you or sending your user account into the etherworld... (just kidding).

Now that you're a "mobile geek," don't stop posting!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:14 AM   #35
cbarnett
MR prodigal son

I wouldn't dream of it....
Advert
Old 06-09-2003, 12:32 AM   #36
Emo
Emo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm M130
New to Turcic and will try and contribute when I can.
Emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:50 AM   #37
drc54
Enthusiast
drc54 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m515, now TX
Quote:
Originally posted by cbarnett
I can't help you with the SD problem (being a Clie owner, it's memory stick only for me )

Craig.
Well, took the plunge, spent another S$84 (US$ 48) and got myself a 128Mb SD card. No brand, but comes with 3 years warranty (assuming the company still exist by then ). It solves my problem, albeit, in an expensive way.

I set my Isilox to download to the external storage. Originally had a 32Mb MMC, which I erased and now is on my DV. Replaced with a 64Mb SD Sandisk card, it would intermittently refuse to write. Formatting the card didn't help. I had used the card on my Laptop for moving/sharing large files with colleagues before. I'll do more test to find out what was the problem.

Deva
drc54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 09:03 AM   #38
Hammer
Hammer began at the beginning.

Device: TT
I think the idea is a good one. It is however unfortunate the ppl need to be forced to be part of a community.
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 08:30 PM   #39
cactusjack
cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.cactusjack has met Morla.

Device: TT
I must say i tend to agree with Hammer. It is nice to have people to contribute to your community but its even harder if you "force" them.

unfortunatley there will always be takers and givers. Thats boards and the net for you..sad but true.
cactusjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #40
johnsoax
Connoisseur
johnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it isjohnsoax knows what time it is

Device: TT3(Home)&Dell x50(Work)
Frankly, I don't like the policy. I use Plucker and a Handera 330. The only channels that I use are Three handheld webpages (palminfocenter, PDAavenue, and Writing on your palm), and the weather channel. My contributions will probably be few and far between. When the weather channel quit working, I contacted them and then lived without it for a while. I had a couple of exchanges with the weather channel and then tried a few other webpages (weather underground and accuweather). I like accuweather much better, but it quit working too. I then remembered this website. I came here to see about a weather alternative. I used the search and found the thread about the weather channel, contributed my communication with the weather channel, and then tried to click on the link that Alexander offered. I see the "you are not registered screen", I'm a bit confused as I was registered. So I search for why I can't get it. When I found out I was very upset as I see this page as a reference for the whole handheld community and really don't have time to join another community. I already belong to many online communities, (even a moderator at one) and multiple commitments in the "real world" that I just don't have time to build into another community. I've since calmed down, but I just wanted to let you know, that this policy probably will drive many people away.
johnsoax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:14 PM   #41
jfs01
Enthusiast
jfs01 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Clie TH-55
true
jfs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:03 AM   #42
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Hi Kids,

I'm just catching up on the board after having been away for awhile, so I was unaware of this development.

I'm on another board which used the same "method" to foster participation. As a matter of fact, it became the largest thread on the board! The major difference was that the mods there have been basically harrassing users by watching their post numbers and deleting them after a certain period of inactivity -- despite outcries from most of the users, particularly the active ones. Now everyone's in a state of general fear about losing their privies, and some have said that they're receiving periodic nastygrams about lack of usage.

That said, not to scare anyone, but to draw a comparison. I can proudly say that Alex and all the mods here are, quite frankly, push-overs. What I sense is going on -- with legitimately no insight since I've been inactive myself -- is that Alex is simply trying to foster said participation and get some user input into what is going to make people want to be active.

Have no fear. Post what you like. Just make sure you're having fun!

sUnShInE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:29 PM   #43
jfs01
Enthusiast

that is scary...
jfs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 11:42 PM   #44
gvtexas
Addict

Users upgraded:

jfs01
RockerChick

Cheers,
Gary
Old 06-14-2003, 11:03 AM   #45
jfs01
Enthusiast