Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
FREE is free once again (Kindle), plus B1G1F --[Offer now over]

I don't know how long it will last, but Chris Anderson's FREE: The Future of a Radical Price is free once again on Kindle, plus the offer to get Anderson's earlier book, The Long Tail, (Revised and Updated) for free is still valid as well. So, for zero cost you can get both books, with one order.

If you already purchased FREE earlier, then you'll need to call Kindle support and return that copy of the book and re-purchase it. I sat with my finger on the one-click button and grabbed it as soon as the representative said the first order had been returned. Both titles are now safely ensconced on my DX, waiting for me to find time to read them. If only these free titles came with more free time to read them....

----------------

If you don't have a Kindle or iPhone, the best deal I've found that is still current on this title is from Fictionwise.com - this week the title is part of their 100% micropay rebate specials.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If it was free, it was only free for a few hours today.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Long Tail is no longer free.

Don

I edited the Header to reflect the changed status.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Neither one of them are free right now...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Amazon is toying with us... They make 'em free for only a few minutes.
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

It's no longer free.

Don
Old 07-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, it was a quick one (probably not an intentional one). You can still get the Long Tail, but have to pay 9.99 for FREE. Cheaper to just buy Long Tail, if you already have FREE.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Yeah, it was a quick one (probably not an intentional one). You can still get the Long Tail, but have to pay 9.99 for FREE. Cheaper to just buy Long Tail, if you already have FREE.

I'm showing a PRICE for the The Long Tail.

Where do you see this for free? Can you link it?

Don
Old 07-31-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
When did the offer for The Long Tail start? I got Free back when it was free, and didn't get The Long Tail
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer

It started about a day or two after FREE was first free. Officially the day after, but it was two days before the page on the Kindle store said you'd get The Long Tail.

Dr. Drib - you can't see the deal from The Long Tail. Only from the listing for FREE. For two hours you could buy FREE for $0.00 and you also got The Long Tail for free. Now, it's back to pay $9.99 for FREE and get The Long Tail for free. It's automatically added to your library, there is no code and you don't actually click on the buy button on The Long Tail, which also never shows on it's page that you "own" it, but you "do" (within the limits of what that means on an ebook).
Old 08-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Ah-hah!!!!

It's a BUY ONE, get the other book without paying.

I think I'll pass on this one.

Thanks.

Don
Old 08-01-2009, 08:25 PM   #12
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

And Free is Free again. I emailed Amazon about not getting The Long Tail and was told to just buy Free again. I checked, and the price was 0.00 again, so now I have both!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:53 PM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

To all members and visitors of MobileRead:

The offer requires one to buy a book in order to get the other book free. This is a decision that one must make on an individual basis.

Remember: Buy ONE, get the other without paying for it.

When there is a potential for money to exchange hands, then MobileRead's members and visitors need to know.

Don
(Moderator)
Old 08-01-2009, 09:37 PM   #14
Bob Butler
Connoisseur

The offer requires one to buy a book in order to get the other book free.

Even though the price was listed as $0.00, I was charged $9.99. That sucks, since I got "Free" when it was offered for free. I emailed about "The Long Tail" since it sounded like I should have gotten both, but I ended up $9.99 poorer as a result.

I'd rather have "Free" for the original free offer and not have "The Long Tail". I actually have the hardcover of that anyway, I just thought it would be nice to have the revised edition.

Last edited by Bob Butler; 08-01-2009 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Butler View Post
The offer requires one to buy a book in order to get the other book free.

Even though the price was listed as $0.00, I was charged $9.99. That sucks, since I got "Free" when it was offered for free. I emailed about "The Long Tail" since it sounded like I should have gotten both, but I ended up $9.99 poorer as a result.

I'd rather have "Free" for the original free offer and not have "The Long Tail". I actually have the hardcover of that anyway, I just thought it would be nice to have the revised edition.

Yes, the same thing happened to me. HOWEVER, the book was listed at $0.00, and it DID NOT require one to buy anything else. The price was simply $0.00.

I did the one-click and found that I was charged. I sent an email to support, but have yet to hear from them.

Don