Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #1
TheHeartlessHero
Custom Icon Creator
TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.TheHeartlessHero has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Bulk Convert Messes up Authors

Hello all. I've been using this site for sometime on things regarding my PRS-505 and calibre. After finally giving calibre a good try, I decided to convert some manga. I add all the manga files in CBZ format and it reads them and picks up the author (chapter title) correctly. However, when I bulk convert them, the authors are always one out of place.

For example.

Volume 1 - Chapter 1 (Book A)
Volume 1 - Chapter 2 (Book B)
Volume 1 - Chapter 3 (Book C)

Thats how it shows in calibre when added. The Title is Volume 1 - Chapter # and author is in ( ). However, when converted and put on the reader, it comes out like this.

Volume 1 - Chapter 1 (Unknown)
Volume 1 - Chapter 2 (Book A)
Volume 1 - Chapter 3 (Book B)

I'm going to try individual conversions but with over 1000 different chapters, it'll take awhile that way.

Any ideas?

EDIT
I am using the GUI btw.

EDIT2
I have tried selecting the multiple books then hitting convert. It then pops up each individual book and I have to click OK through them. This caused the author area to appear correctly once it finished. It's not exactly the most convenient but it is a way until it gets looked at.

Last edited by TheHeartlessHero; 09-11-2008 at 09:45 AM.
TheHeartlessHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Will be fixed in the next release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert