Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
flare
flare began at the beginning.

Device: none
Reader for scientific textbooks/papers

Hi guys,

I would like to get a recommendation for a new reader which suits me the best.
My old reader was an IRex DR800 and I was rather happy with it but it seems it is dead.
What I liked was that it didn't have a lot of unnecessary stuff, that the margins were small and there was no keyboard. It was kinda sluggish though.
I also don't necessarily need any internet connection, but that's a given nowadays right? I won't buy any books anyway because I have access to almost every book on springerlink through my Uni.
Have there any improvements been made since 2010? That's when I bought my IRex. The market is probably dying because most people would rather have a tablet so that they can distract themselves with 100 different things, right?
What would you suggest?
I appreciate your help.

Last edited by flare; 11-23-2012 at 07:41 AM.
flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Personally, I think the iPad 3 is hard to beat as a PDF reader. Superb screen, and decent battery life.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert