Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
SotongDJ
SotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Lightbulb [Kindle Touch]Extension of Mplayer, sdmplayer-kt

SotongDJ mplayer control script set for Kindle Touch Launcher
(aka sdmplayer-kt, STILL IN BETA)

I have create a set of scripts that use to control the Mplayer.
This scripts let user CHOOSE their songs from "music' folder and create playlist for mplayer to play.

You can get it HERE

Version
  • 0.2 BETA Commit:[03112012001] (Current)
  • 0.1 BETA Commit:[20102012001]

Installation
Requirement:
Follow the instruction below to install the requirement
Install:
  • Download the "sdmplayer" folder by click "Download this repo as a zip file"(The Cloud with "ZIP" Word) on HERE
    or just download the ZIP FILE
  • unzip the zip file and move "sdmplayer" folder to the "extensions" folder of your Kindle touch which in USB Flash Drive mode (/mnt/us/extensions).

P.S.My mother tongue isn't English.

Last edited by SotongDJ; 11-03-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Complete README
SotongDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
SotongDJ
SotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshesSotongDJ can read faster than his screen refreshes

INSTRUCTION
Launcher Menu:

("Repeat all" is turn on automatically and [only] can stop by changing script [now])
  • "Play All" Play all songs
  • "Play All (Random Mode)" Play all songs in Random Mode
  • "Choose Songs" Open Leafpad for KT to choose your songs. You can open by click "File">"Open" and select the txt file in "lists" folder.
  • "Play Playlist" Play the songs
  • "Pause" Pause
  • "Stop" Stop
  • "Volume Up" Volume Up
  • "Volume Down" Volume Down
  • "Previous Songs" Previous Songs
  • "Next Songs" Next Songs
  • "Regenerate Lists" Regenerate the selection lists
How to choose the songs I want to play?
Spoiler:
A.S.I will demonstrate on Ubuntu. The steps is same as Kindle Touch.
  1. Select "Regenerate Lists" to clear the previous lists and create new one
  2. Select "Choose Songs", and Leafpad will be open, the file is for you to choose the mode you want
  3. You can open the songs by Select "File">"Open" and you can see the file name of your songs
  4. For example, I want to play "Call Me Maybe (Glee Cast Version)"
    The songs start with "C", "C" is in front of "B" but behind "num" (aka number)
    So I choose "01-Playlist-Part1-Num.txt"
  5. I just need to remove "-!" to choose the songs
  6. Save and Close
  7. Select "Play Playlist"

Known Problem
  • Launcher will not responding after open sdmplayer sometime
  • If you don't have songs that file name is start with number, the lists will start with "num", not alphabet

TO DO List
  • Add GUI

Last edited by SotongDJ; 11-03-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Update
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi!
There is no volume control. No support russian name songs. It can play online radio?
Not working correctly for Kindle fimware 5.1.2. GUI Launcher does not start after play music. =(
khseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
I love when people lurk in the dark and then show up just to point out problems...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #5
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I love when people lurk in the dark and then show up just to point out problems...
Lurk in the dark? Oo I can not solve these problems =(
Just do not understand what the pros have this GUI. Python is a plus?
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #6
SotongDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by khseal View Post
Hi!
There is no volume control. No support russian name songs. It can play online radio?
Not working correctly for Kindle fimware 5.1.2. GUI Launcher does not start after play music. =(
  1. I will add Volume Control next update.
  2. Do Leafpad show the name of Russian songs in list? (I haven't test non-English name songs although I have Chinese songs)
  3. Can. But I remove that function to simplify the code, I will add it next next update
  4. This is known bug (Sorry for forgot to post). I will try to fix it but I need someone to test it as I don't have KT anymore.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
khseal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SotongDJ View Post
  1. I will add Volume Control next update.
  2. Do Leafpad show the name of Russian songs in list? (I haven't test non-English name songs although I have Chinese songs)
  3. Can. But I remove that function to simplify the code, I will add it next next update
  4. This is known bug (Sorry for forgot to post). I will try to fix it but I need someone to test it as I don't have KT anymore.
I'm ready to run tests I can send a file with a russian name.
Quote:
Do Leafpad show the name of Russian songs in list?
I used Playall to play. I do not understand how to work with a playlist in Leafpad. Can you explain how to work playlists? What does the Regenerate Lists? Can you show an example lists file?
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
SotongDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by khseal View Post
I'm ready to run tests I can send a file with a russian name.

I used Playall to play. I do not understand how to work with a playlist in Leafpad. Can you explain how to work playlists? What does the Regenerate Lists? Can you show an example lists file?
May I explain by using Ubuntu environment? (I don't have Kindle Touch now)
Update:
See #2 "How to choose the songs I want to play?"

sdmplayer-kt can play non English songs(If not, maybe the encoding of python scripts have some problem)
Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Finish Update and complete writing a tutorial.
Before you try the method, Don't forget to get 0.2.0 (just download from the source and overwrite the original file)

P.S.sdmplayer-kt is based on python and sh script language, this is why I can run it on Ubuntu by replacing the binary(mplayer and Leafpad).

Last edited by SotongDJ; 11-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Tags
launcher add-ons