Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
fictionaddiction
fictionaddiction began at the beginning.

Device: kobo with wifi
Cant remove items from "Im Reading" list

My ereader fell off the desk and the USB plug popped out without being properly ejected. I now appear to have some corrupted data, particularly, some random chapters of a book are in my "Im reading" list as individual files. I have tried to manually remove them from the list but this only results in my ereader restarting itself. I have tried to delete them from the "Books" list but it says that they must have already been deleted because they cant be found...yet they remain in my lists! I have also tried to use Calibre but it doesnt seem to see that the files are there either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
fictionaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Since you are having what appears to be database issues you will need to do a factory reset and reload the books. I would be tempted to use an SD card to go back to a clean state.

If you have experience using sqlite3 you could try to backup the database and restore it. That worked for me recently but your experience my differ.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
data corruption, im reading list, not ejected properly