Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
obsessed2
Edge User

Little Blue Tags Next To Some Posts In Android App Forum

I have only been using the Forum for a few weeks but yesterday I noticed "little blue tags" next to some of the posts in the Android Apps Forum that I don't remember seeing before. Can someone explain what these are?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

Do you mean the little blue things that mean there are new (unread) posts? If you click on one, does it take you to a newly posted response, as opposed to going to the top of the page?

Or maybe you mean the thing that actually looks like a tag, which means that some one has tagged the thread with keywords. If you scroll to the very bottom post in a thread, after "previous and next thread", in the bottom left you should see "Tags for this thread."

It could just be that someone recently decided to tag threads with keywords for easier searching.

Last edited by sarah11918; 04-27-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
Glow
Edge User

My guess is that obsessed2 is referring to 'tags' that some items have associated?
I admit ignorance on how those get set.

Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
My guess is that obsessed2 is referring to 'tags' that some items have associated?
I admit ignorance on how those get set.
Bottom-ish right, you should see "Add/Edit tags" - so I'm guessing someone recently set a tag (so they could easily find a thread again) where there previously were none. Not many threads here are actually tagged, so the tag stands out.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
Glow
Edge User

Ah, thanks.

Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
obsessed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Bottom-ish right, you should see "Add/Edit tags" - so I'm guessing someone recently set a tag (so they could easily find a thread again) where there previously were none. Not many threads here are actually tagged, so the tag stands out.
Thanks. I just never seen them before or maybe I never really noticed them until recently.

Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 PM   #7
sarah11918
Edge User

Not sure I've ever really noticed it either (which is why I thought you meant the blue unread icon). It doesn't get used much here.