Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Ptop
Ptop began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Double photos

When I use Mobi to format for the Kindle, the output file places all of the photos in their proper place within the text, but also as a random group at the end of the document.

What is happening?

Thanks.
Ptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptop View Post
When I use Mobi to format for the Kindle, the output file places all of the photos in their proper place within the text, but also as a random group at the end of the document.

What is happening?

Thanks.
The photos are in their own database inside the file which is pointed to by a location inside the text and somehow the file isn't quiting when it should and it is finding the database itself. It sounds like the file is corrupt.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
Ptop
Ptop began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Double Photos - solved

I finally figured it out.
I had all the photos in my html file, but also added them individually to the creator. At least now, I know how I could add photos to the end of a book if I wanted to do that.

Thanks for the input.
Ptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's correct; images do not go into the manifest - if you do put them there, they'll end up in the book twice. The only situation in which you'd add an image to the manifest would be if it wasn't hyperlinked from within the text.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote