Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 08:09 PM   #1
JOliver13
JOliver13 began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook IQ 701
Kindle for Android App unresponsive?

Just within the past 3 days or so, my Kindle app has been having major issues. It will show it is syncing and the first 2 nights I had no books to upload, so it said it was finished. But when I tried to scroll through books, nothing moved at all and I would get the pop up that said it isn't responding that I could force close or wait. Tonight I attempted it again but I had a couple of books to upload first. That was a joke. It was "syncing" for a good 20 minutes and one book was uploaded, the other ones had downloading errors. I attempted to get my screen to scroll down to a book I have been reading and again, I was given the choice of force close or wait due to the app not responding.

My internet connection has been the same, last night I took it to my sisters to show her how cool it was and I couldn't even get a book open! It seems to have started when the fake snow appeared in the background on the app.

Any ideas on what is going on?
JOliver13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Have you replaced it with the latest version 2.0.2?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
JOliver13

I downloaded the app for the first time on Wednesday 12/22 and it was working perfect. I am attempting to see the version number right now but it freezes just trying to bring up the settings... sigh.
Old 12-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
JOliver13

Okay I just checked and it is version 200? That is what the app info says. Any idea on where I can download the newer version?
Old 12-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can pull it down from my DropBox folder

LINK DELETED

Last edited by SCION; 12-27-2010 at 08:22 AM.
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
JOliver13

Thanks so much! I tried to search the net for it and could not get it! I will download it and let you know!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #7
JOliver13

Okay, already there is a huge difference, I can actually scroll through my books! Thank you so much!
Old 12-26-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Great! You're welcome.