Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #1
CJ Archer
Chocaholic
CJ Archer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
A steampunk romance: The Adventures of Miss Upton and the Sky Pirate

Hi, if you're interested in trying out a new steampunk romance then please consider my ebook.

The Adventures of Miss Upton and the Sky Pirate is is a romp through an alternate Victorian England where progress is linked to national prosperity, wealth and titles are bestowed upon inventors, and people born with unnatural abilities are feared, reviled and condemned to death.

Tilda Upton's talent at finding things with the aid of a talisman puts her on the edge of the dangerous hellhag category. Rather inexperienced in using her magic, she's prone to mistakes. It is one such mistake that lands her in debt to the Chief Royal Inventor who blackmails her into retrieving an Oriental and his machine. But to find the Oriental she needs to intercept an airship and the best way to do that is through piracy.

Tilda turns to the notorious Black Jack Knight, a sky pirate known for his cruelty and cleverness who dislikes passengers, particularly of the female variety. Fortunately for Tilda he accepts a currency she can provide—the location of a man who witnessed his brother's murder, a murder which Jack was falsely accused of committing. Together they fight corsairs, a mad inventor and their growing attraction to each other in order to retrieve the man Tilda has been forced to find, only to learn his machine could destroy her.

I hope you're willing to try it. I'm offering The Adventures of Miss Upton and the Sky Pirate free via a Smashwords coupon to the first 5 people willing to review it within 3 weeks of downloading. Please email me at cjarcher.writes@gmail.com.
CJ Archer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
historical romance, pirates, steampunk, steampunk romance