Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 10-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
wss
wss began at the beginning.

Device: none
New Bebook 2 Videos dutch translation?

Can anyone translate (german to english) these new videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CohoFxle0ss&translated=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa4MCj_0-Mo&translated=1

Price, release date mentioned or any other relevant info?

Wireless speed very slow, but page turns appear faster.

Last edited by wss; 10-18-2009 at 06:37 PM.
wss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by wss View Post
Can anyone translate (german to english) these new videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CohoFxle0ss&translated=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa4MCj_0-Mo&translated=1

Price, release date mentioned or any other relevant info?

Wireless speed very slow, but page turns appear faster.
Page speed and book loading doesn't seem all the different to the bebook mini. The glare on the screen does not make it an enticing unit to buy (maybe I'm very anti-touchscreen so I'm looking for excuses - I hope touchscreens dont become a common feature with all e-readers). Wireless speed wouldn't bother me, if it took 60 seconds vs 20 seconds to buy a book....not really an issue for me anyway. Be very interested to see what people say about these once released and have been purchased.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Release date, several months!!!, Price around €350. Faster processor than the mini. Handwriting possible. And you can export your notes.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
wss

cheers

$570 AUD for bebook 2 or $430 AUD for sony daily edition/new irex..

huge price difference. i wouldve accepted a $40-$50 difference because im not a fan of sony but $140 difference is difficult to swallow.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wss View Post
cheers

$570 AUD for bebook 2 or $430 AUD for sony daily edition/new irex..

huge price difference. i wouldve accepted a $40-$50 difference because im not a fan of sony but $140 difference is difficult to swallow.
that $430 AUD is that with or without VAT? Because that €350 is including VAT. You can't compare prices just like that from a European released device and an American released device.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
wss

oh yes, the dreaded tax.. maybe if we ignore it, itll go away.

$430 b/tax.
approx $475-480 a/tax for Sony/IRex. $575 a/tax for bebook 2.

so around $90-$100 difference.

im sure the rising AUD will slightly ease the pain when i decide to make the plunge.