Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #26386
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
I once used a restroom that was literally covered in granddaddy long legs. They were gracious and moved so I could do my business. Not a one of them even touched me.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:47 PM   #26387
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Siege of the Spider .... Day 2!

Fortunately we had showers/storms last night ... when I opened the back door this morning there was only part of the web left ... attached to the hinge side of the door ... up to the roof overhang ....

In the past, spiders have spun webs that completely spanned the back door ... something about the lighting, or tree branches, whatever seems to attract them.

Or maybe I'm 'spider bait'?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #26388
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Siege of the Spider .... Day 2!

Fortunately we had showers/storms last night ... when I opened the back door this morning there was only part of the web left ... attached to the hinge side of the door ... up to the roof overhang ....

In the past, spiders have spun webs that completely spanned the back door ... something about the lighting, or tree branches, whatever seems to attract them.

Or maybe I'm 'spider bait'?
Perhaps you should tell the spider that if it moves to another area, you will not destroy her hard work.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:26 AM   #26389
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Say hello to Charlotte for me!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:49 AM   #26390
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Migraines .... again .... sigh .....
Advert
Old 09-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #26391
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

I hope it passes quickly Pooh.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #26392
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Double
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 02:40 PM   #26393
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Say hello to Charlotte for me!
In the spider vein...we have a wolf spider (whom, BTW, we do actually call Charlotte. This is Charlotte the IV, FWIW) that lives in the house. She moves along our very tall ceilings--it's occasionally a bit of a shock to look up and see her bundled against the join of the ceiling and the walls, asleep for the day--and polices the bugs that get up there.

However, I'm venting because I'm upset about one of Hairy Potter's offspring. Somehow, one of Hairy's babies (she's the red-black Tarantula I've told you about that lives at the back of the house, by the rear patio, versus Quentin Tarantoola, the orange-black that lives under the front porch) has gotten inside the Garage. That means, it will die, unfortunately. It gets to be an oven in the garage, and there isn't really any food or water for it in there; no ground for it to burrow into, to stay cool during the hot days. I've tried to skoosh it out of the garage, to no avail. Too many hiding places. Dammit. I hate it when I find little dead T babies in there, and it seems to happen every year, at least one.

Quote:
Oh, Pooh. As a migraine-sufferer myself (knock on wood, not in years now), I sympathize. Front or back, or worse, all over?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #26394
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Find someplace that's warm, dark and quiet (but I imagine you know that). My son used to get migraines, complete with auras, but (fortunately!) he outgrew them. I get visual migraines but not the headaches -- and they're rarely bad enough to interfere with anything.

Today, however, I do have a pretty strong (but not migraine level!) headache. I suspect it's my sinuses. My allergies always kick up this time of year, and we just had a dramatic weather shift -- pouring rain, and today's high was 20 degrees lower than yesterday's. Time for more tea and another naproxen.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #26395
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Thanks all for your kind thoughts .... head better today .... after today's storms...

My aura shifted from 'creaky neck' to nausea for no reason ... so unless I'm on my toes, I don't associate a queasy feeling with upcoming doom ... but I'm learning

... and my 'creaky neck' aura is returning ....

Sigh ...

[I had outgrown them after my 20's, but they came roaring back in my 50's ....
Old 09-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #26396
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Thanks all for your kind thoughts .... head better today .... after today's storms...

My aura shifted from 'creaky neck' to nausea for no reason ... so unless I'm on my toes, I don't associate a queasy feeling with upcoming doom ... but I'm learning

Sigh ...

Major bummer, poohbear_nc. A creaky neck on a chicken is not a good thing at all. (My DW used to get migraines, so I have a great deal of sympathy. Not at all fun. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #26397
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I still want one of these some day:

I think jumping spiders are exceedingly cool looking
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #26398
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:

I really, really HATE the neck thing. It's like...it's a bit like standing at the beach, gazing out at an incoming tsunami, and knowing, quite simply, that you're screwed, utterly and completely.

Quote:
Sigh ...

Hell, brother, I had to get spayed before I ran out of migraines. ;-) (Yeah, Yeah, I know, TMI...)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #26399
cromag

Sharing the sunshine on my back deck with some of our newer exotic pests -- black and white striped Asian tiger mosquitoes. Annoying enough that they are active in the middle of the day, in full sunshine, but they also can carry a variety of nasty infections.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:31 PM   #26400
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Sharing the sunshine on my back deck with some of our newer exotic pests -- black and white striped Asian tiger mosquitoes. Annoying enough that they are active in the middle of the day, in full sunshine, but they also can carry a variety of nasty infections.
We have small black mosquitoes whose wings look like stealth delta plane wings ... and can they bite!

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness