Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #26296
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
Thanks, CRussel, Eschwartz, Cromag, and Hitch. It went as well as can be expected. The cardio doesn't like the size of my aorta but it is not quite at surgery levels yet and the good news is that the size didn't change at all from last year. This means that next year, as long as the Echo for next year also shows no change, I don't have to have an MRI next year.

Hitch - That is awful! I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. To have the AC go out in heat like that is so dangerous.

CRussel - Mom is one one of the "Discovery Islands," so it is not as bad as inland. Her cabin, of course, has no AC and in the really bad heat, she will sleep downstairs. The heat and drought seems to have broken, too.
CC:

I'm so glad that things went as well as they did. (I have to have some tests myself--they were scheduled before Mr. Hitch had his wee problem, which was ironic), about my own damn aorta, etc., so I'm watching YOU with interest! :-)

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:35 PM   #26297
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
CC:

I'm so glad that things went as well as they did. (I have to have some tests myself--they were scheduled before Mr. Hitch had his wee problem, which was ironic), about my own damn aorta, etc., so I'm watching YOU with interest! :-)

Hitch
Thanks, Hitch. Good luck with your aorta, too! Not only is it common for girls with Turner Syndrome to have BAV, members of my family who DON'T have TS have BAV. Two of my three first cousins on my mom's side have it. I suspect my maternal grandmother's aunt had it as she died of a "heart attack" at 39, of course that was way too back in the day to say for sure.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2015, 03:55 PM   #26298
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, Hitch. Good luck with your aorta, too! Not only is it common for girls with Turner Syndrome to have BAV, members of my family who DON'T have TS have BAV. Two of my three first cousins on my mom's side have it. I suspect my maternal grandmother's aunt had it as she died of a "heart attack" at 39, of course that was way too back in the day to say for sure.
Howdy:

Can't claim to be as unique as that! That's Bicuspid Aortic Valve, right? (In fact, I was always getting checked by Docs for whats-its, that thing that tall skinny folks get...can't think of the name now, the heart thing...) I seem to just have plain-old, plain-old boring clogged up arteries, and apparently, my aorta, too, which is the sore point. (And, man, you want to talk about PISSED. I eat right--never touch fast-food or that crap. I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten something like MacDonald's, etc., in the past 5 years or more. I do occasionally, 2-3x year, get a hand-tossed pizza. I have exercised the vast majority of my life, cardio, etc. That's just downright damn irritating, arteriosclerosis, for s**t's sake. Of course, given what you deal with, I shouldn't be bitching.)

I was scheduled for a test on that literally the day after Mr. Hitch's heart-explosion, so of course, that got put right off. But, I'm going to head back in. I see how incredibly exhausted and dopey the heart and BP meds make him, (now naps 2-3x daily, which he has NEVER done), and I can't manage that and the business, too, so I literally can't AFFORD to have a heart attack. Assuming I survived, and all that. (That's me--screw my health, I'm always thinking "can I AFFORD to be sick?????"--what a dope!)

Hitch
Old 08-07-2015, 04:11 PM   #26299
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Howdy:

Can't claim to be as unique as that! That's Bicuspid Aortic Valve, right? (In fact, I was always getting checked by Docs for whats-its, that thing that tall skinny folks get...can't think of the name now, the heart thing...) I seem to just have plain-old, plain-old boring clogged up arteries, and apparently, my aorta, too, which is the sore point. (And, man, you want to talk about PISSED. I eat right--never touch fast-food or that crap. I can count on one hand the number of times I've eaten something like MacDonald's, etc., in the past 5 years or more. I do occasionally, 2-3x year, get a hand-tossed pizza. I have exercised the vast majority of my life, cardio, etc. That's just downright damn irritating, arteriosclerosis, for s**t's sake. Of course, given what you deal with, I shouldn't be bitching.)

I was scheduled for a test on that literally the day after Mr. Hitch's heart-explosion, so of course, that got put right off. But, I'm going to head back in. I see how incredibly exhausted and dopey the heart and BP meds make him, (now naps 2-3x daily, which he has NEVER done), and I can't manage that and the business, too, so I literally can't AFFORD to have a heart attack. Assuming I survived, and all that. (That's me--screw my health, I'm always thinking "can I AFFORD to be sick?????"--what a dope!)

Hitch
Oh, no! I'm so sorry. I was on Almopodine at first and that was nasty for me. The lisinopril, I seem to be handing great. It works better for my blood pressure, so crucial in aorta issues, and doesn't seem to side-effect me.

Marfan's is what you are thinking of, like Abe Lincoln. My cardio said there isn't literature about TS and this particular drug she mildly suggested to lower heart rate but there was with Marfan's.

Sometimes genetics can be a biatch, yes?
Old 08-07-2015, 04:24 PM   #26300
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Oh, no! I'm so sorry. I was on Almopodine at first and that was nasty for me. The lisinopril, I seem to be handing great. It works better for my blood pressure, so crucial in aorta issues, and doesn't seem to side-effect me.

Marfan's is what you are thinking of, like Abe Lincoln. My cardio said there isn't literature about TS and this particular drug she mildly suggested to lower heart rate but there was with Marfan's.

Sometimes genetics can be a biatch, yes?
Yes, he's having a really hard time. Between the half-unconscious the whole day part, and the "everything tastes weird" part, poor kid, he's just not having fun. BUT: he's alive. And based upon what his cardiac guy said, we're lucky. So...

And that's the way I feel about the genetics. I was really lucky in a lot of things, so I guess I gotta take the crap with the good.

Yes, Marfan's: it killed a friend of mine, a horse trainer. She was horseback one day and simply keeled over dead. She wasn't even 30. Shocking as hell, although she knew she had it and knew that her lifespan wasn't going to be normal. Bugger.

Hitch
Advert
Old 08-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #26301
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, he's having a really hard time. Between the half-unconscious the whole day part, and the "everything tastes weird" part, poor kid, he's just not having fun. BUT: he's alive. And based upon what his cardiac guy said, we're lucky. So...

And that's the way I feel about the genetics. I was really lucky in a lot of things, so I guess I gotta take the crap with the good.

Yes, Marfan's: it killed a friend of mine, a horse trainer. She was horseback one day and simply keeled over dead. She wasn't even 30. Shocking as hell, although she knew she had it and knew that her lifespan wasn't going to be normal. Bugger.

Hitch
I hope he feels better! Ask the Doc about other medications he might switch to that might help.

Yeah, sometimes all you can do is pour yourself a drink and play your "Monty Python Sings" album.

Or read. There is one surprising benefit of TS. We may be short and infertile (actually, I consider that one a plus), prone to hypothyroid and BAV,prone to being hard of hearing, be somewhat aspburgery and social-awkward-penguinish, and bad at math but, by God, we can rock some reading skills:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8800619
Old 08-07-2015, 05:43 PM   #26302
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
I hope he feels better! Ask the Doc about other medications he might switch to that might help.
Yes, good point. His doctor needs to know the effects of the current medication because there are often alternatives that might not have such a negative effect.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #26303
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:

Yeah, sometimes all you can do is pour yourself a drink and play your "Monty Python Sings" album.

Or read. There is one surprising benefit of TS. We may be short and infertile (actually, I consider that one a plus), prone to hypothyroid and BAV,prone to being hard of hearing, be somewhat aspburgery and social-awkward-penguinish, and bad at math but, by God, we can rock some reading skills:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8800619
Well, there you go: you got SOMETHING. And it was a good something to get, all in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, good point. His doctor needs to know the effects of the current medication because there are often alternatives that might not have such a negative effect.
I told his Doctor, when we went in. He said that my spousal unit should adapt to it, but so far, not so much.

I'm actually thinking of switching my cardio/vascular tests to this guy's practice, (sleepiness or not, apparently, my husband IS lucky to be alive, and this guy saved him, twice in the same day, after all...) and if I do, I'm going to grab him by the ears and say, "hey, listen, buddy, about Mr. H...." The zombie craze may be popular on TV, but not so much in my house.

Hitch
Old 08-08-2015, 02:50 PM   #26304
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Were you at least able to get his autograph?
Things are back to normal now. Just the usual day trippers at the beach.

Except one of my local pizzerias burnt down while American Pharoah was on display. It's located next to the racetrack. Cause unknown but my guess it was electrical. The bldg was flooded during Hurricane Sandy and the electrical system probably wasn't replaced.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:33 PM   #26305
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Hitch first sorry about everything going wrong.
Second, I will now not whine about our "cool" temperatures of 102. Dry heat my tail. Even 26% humidity is a doozy.
I would give you a virtual hug but it is way too hot for both of us.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #26306
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Hitch first sorry about everything going wrong.
Second, I will now not whine about our "cool" temperatures of 102. Dry heat my tail. Even 26% humidity is a doozy.
I would give you a virtual hug but it is way too hot for both of us.
Cinisajoy:

Yeah, I know. I remember, we had a new "weather girl" (yeah, yeah, outdated sexist term: "woman meteorologist") start here some...hell, 15-20 years ago? It was a long time, I know, because we stopped watching local news about that far back. Anyway, she'd come from some other, normal place. It was the middle of summer. When she went to read the temps, she literally stopped and sputtered, and said "that's not a WEATHER temperature. That's an OVEN temperature!" I laughed about it then, but the other night, not so damn funny.

That "it's a dry heat" crap is for the birds. Sure, it's a dry heat. So what? I've been here when it's been 122F, and I'm here to say, screw that, you won't care that it's bloody dry. Humidity is RELATIVE (most folks don't get that), and 25-6% humidity when it's over 103-5 or so, gets pretty damn miserable. It's beyond grim when it gets over 110.

Hugs to you, too! From a safe, not-sweaty distance, LOL.

Hitch
Old 08-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #26307
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Well, another hurricane is headed our way, Hilda was a cat 4 yesterday, but has weakened to cat 2. Looks like we may dodge yet another bullet.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #26308
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oh my goodness! Batten down the hatches (first time it's been really appropriate to say THAT) and take care!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #26309
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Remember that AC unit?

So....

for a mere $15K....we can replace it, 'cuz it's not really working right. Can I scream now?

{sigh}

Hitch
Old 08-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #26310
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, you may scream now. I don't, however, know if you can scream now.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness