Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 AM   #1
red_five
red_five began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Question Problem converting HTML files to LRF

I've been using Calibre for several months, and I love it. I hate that it can't work with LRX files, but that's Sony's fault.

I know I've done this before in older versions of Calibre (0.4.x), but I can't make it work now in 0.5.14. I've got a batch of HTML files that I want to convert to LRF to put on my PRS-700. I have a TOC page with links to all the files, and there is nothing strange in the files themselves (I did extensive processing with sed to make sure of that). When I add the TOC file to Calibre and convert it, I get only the first file converted to LRF, no TOC pages, and no pages from any of the other files. Specifically, these files are the text of the Bible which I grabbed from the Web and processed to remove extraneous links and JavaScript. I have 66 files, one for each book, and the TOC file, but only Genesis is making it into the LRF. I had also tried this using one chapter per HTML file, and 2 or 3 layers of TOC, but in that case I would only get Genesis chapter 1, and still no TOC pages.

I know this worked in 0.4.x, because I did it with Philippians (albeit one chapter per HTML file). Has anyone made this conversion successfully in 0.5.14 (not necessarily the Bible; any multi-file conversion will do)?
red_five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
When you add the TOC file to calibre, it should be creating a zip file with all linked files. Is it and are all the referenced files in the zip file?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #3
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Try (re)naming the TOC file index.htm(l).

I found for some reason when I had this situation when I tried to add the TOC file it would only give me the 1st link/chapter/file, yet when I renamed it to index.html it all worked perfectly.

(do this before importing the book into calibre)
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, conversion, html, lrf