Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #31
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
That would be because from the photographs this is legitimately a manufacturing defect, not shipping damage. It was Kobo ' s responsibility to make things right at their cost, and since they didn't want to do that now the credit card company has to take them by their little hands and make them do so.

Being ticked off by their costumer (dodging) service department is appropriate.
That's fair enough to be ticked off if Kobo tried to dodge dealing with it, but if I remember correctly, in the original post kobayashi hadn't contacted anyone about it yet and was just slating Kobo's shoddy workmanship.

The OP has since contacted the retailer to deal with the return, along with the credit card company, and only contacted Kobo after doing this, so it's nothing to do with Kobo washing their hands of it and the OP having to resort to contacting the credit card company? At least that is how I am reading it, perhaps I'm wrong?

It'd be great if Chapters and/or Kobo could deal with sending out a replacement in a hassle-free way instead of asking for return shipment payment, and I'm not defending Kobo here, they are clearly at fault for producing a shoddy H2O, just wondering the OP has been so quick to slate them.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 01-25-2015 at 03:40 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:43 AM   #32
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Sure, he was over the top. I had a Sony 650 that died two months after the warranty ran out. Now that's a reason to be pissed...I'll never buy new again, at least, not at normal retail. I don't trust modern electronics or companies. Amazon are good at returns, etc, but their e-readers are horribly un-customizable and the new ones can't be jail-broken.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #33
kobayashi
Groupie
kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!kobayashi rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: KA1
Received my replacement H2O from Chapters and this case isn't cracked open so that's a good thing. The touchscreen performance is worse than the last one as finger presses for highlighting text are a good half inch below where your finger touches but I guess I'll have to live with that.

The screen is great and the customization is great.
kobayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #34
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Thanks for letting us know.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote