Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #16
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
I had over 2000 epub books on Kobo Touch with maybe 1/4 of them short stories. Kobo Touch and Kobo Wifi had no problem with these books but the Sony T1 ereader library would get stuck on processing the books. I left it charging for more than 2 days while it was sorting the library. It still wouldn't work. Sony T1 reader would only work with that many books when I set library view to show no covers.

I had Sony T1 and Kobo Wifi, Touch, and Mini get stuck processing epub books because of problem with a book. I never tried to figure out what was wrong with the book. Easier to just delete book causing the problem.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:17 AM   #17
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by filmo View Post
I had over 2000 epub books on Kobo Touch with maybe 1/4 of them short stories. Kobo Touch and Kobo Wifi had no problem with these books but the Sony T1 ereader library would get stuck on processing the books. I left it charging for more than 2 days while it was sorting the library. It still wouldn't work. Sony T1 reader would only work with that many books when I set library view to show no covers.

I had Sony T1 and Kobo Wifi, Touch, and Mini get stuck processing epub books because of problem with a book. I never tried to figure out what was wrong with the book. Easier to just delete book causing the problem.
That I understand and am not questioning. I am questioning Rizla's claim that having a bad epub on the device will cause problems at other times. Including excess battery usage.

But, on this topic, I haven't had an epyb not get processed for a long time. I don't know if that is me making sure the epub is good or the firmware handling the epubs better. Probably a bit of both.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, h2o, kobo, warranty