Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
External Storage Help Needed!

So today I went into Best Buy & found the 500GB Seagate WiFi GoFlex on sale! Yep I got one In the Store & here at home they reconize each other BUT I no clue How to open the Seagate to down load files the the Fire HD.

I used my computer to download file to it.

Another thing I forgoten how to Download my Amazon Movies to my computer to transfer to the Seagate? Or is there a way to go from Fire HD to Seagate????
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Odins_child
Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
If I remember correctly, you need to download the seagate app in the app store. I know thats how it works with the kingston widrive. Hope that helps
Odins_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Yes: http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Media-...ywords=seagate

Quote:
This app requires a Seagate Wireless Plus or GoFlex Satellite mobile wireless storage device.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right App they now talking to each other LOL Hope this works Everything seems to be MAC....
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

OK Now how do I get them to sync thru BluTooth? They only want to connect thru WiFi With the BluTooth ON. When I turn it off they stop. I thought this was supode to work With out WiFi???? Did I miss understand?
Old 03-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
OK Now how do I get them to sync thru BluTooth? They only want to connect thru WiFi With the BluTooth ON. When I turn it off they stop. I thought this was supode to work With out WiFi???? Did I miss understand?
It's a WiFi drive -- not Bluetooth. And if I remember, one can also use a browser, in addition to the app, to access files.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

OK... So tell me then How do you transfer things from it to the Fire? Not just stream. People use this on the road ... without WiFi its not going to transfer LOL So must be away to transfer to Fire. Another problem I having is their Videos to do this stuff I can only get the 1st one to work on Fire.. So I dont have a Guide LOL
Old 03-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #8
Odins_child
Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.Odins_child 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
From what I can tell, it creates it's own hotspot so that you can stream anywhere, you don't need to transfer files from the hard drive to the kindle.
Odins_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
OK... So tell me then How do you transfer things from it to the Fire? Not just stream. People use this on the road ... without WiFi its not going to transfer LOL So must be away to transfer to Fire. Another problem I having is their Videos to do this stuff I can only get the 1st one to work on Fire.. So I dont have a Guide LOL
The Seagate IS its own wifi hotspot. Think of it as a mini router and hard disk combined.

Simply install the Seagate app on the Fire, turn the Seagate on and wait until you see the wifi ready light. Turn on the wifi on your Fire, connect to the "GoFlex" (or whatever you see in the available networks list), open the app on your Fire and it will display a file explorer. I think you are confusing wifi with internet. You are NOT connecting to the internet -- you are connecting directly to the Seagate via its own separate wifi signal.

You can assign your own "network" name to the drive and select WPA2 encryption -- highly recommended if you plan to use the drive away from your home.

Keep in mind that the GoFlex does not allow simultaneous use of the drive and the internet, with multiple devices. The newer model , Seagate Wireless Plus does offer this and allows connection of eight devices simultaneously. I have both models and they are excellent for transferring/streaming files.

I mean no disrespect, but a little research on wireless drives would have been useful prior to making a purchase. At the very least, reading the included documentation (or online) will suffice.

Last edited by Skydog; 03-03-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Skydog as I Alraedy said NO Guides or paperwork came with it & the Video Guides Wont play on my Fire HD. I do appreciate you help & others on here.

I find using the Web better than using the Apps. Apps seem to have their own problems.

Great divice! Still learning LOL
Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Skydog as I Alraedy said NO Guides or paperwork came with it & the Video Guides Wont play on my Fire HD. I do appreciate you help & others on here.

I find using the Web better than using the Apps. Apps seem to have their own problems.

Great divice! Still learning LOL
Google is your friend:

GoFlex Satellite User Guide
Old 03-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #12
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Thanks! Printed it out now I get to go Study it LOL I went to their Website all they had was Sales pitches ugh!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks! Printed it out now I get to go Study it LOL I went to their Website all they had was Sales pitches ugh!
You are welcome. I've always found product manuals available on the manufacturers' websites -- you just have to look for support or documentation links. As I said, Google is your friend.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Actually for Techy stuff I find MR Folks my friends LOL Manual some times get to techy for me LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Actually for Techy stuff I find MR Folks my friends LOL Manual some times get to techy for me LOL
Ahh,

Some of us here may have some very old and fond memory's of tech manuals that were written in Chinese then in turn translated into Japanese.

Which in turn were translated into at least one other language before it was finally translated into English by someone recovering from a one week binge and has the 'mother' of all hangover's.

And they thought translating Egyptian hieroglyphics or Mayan glyphs was hard!

Last edited by DustyDisks; 03-08-2013 at 05:57 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote