Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
klamarth
klamarth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
RTF to EPUB - jpg images doesnt show

Hi,

I am converting some .DOC files to .RTF files to later convert to EPUB in Calibe.

When the file is only text the conversion is ok. But when the RTF file have images, Calibe convert the file to EPUB, but when viewing in preview modo no image appear. I checked the EPUB contents and the image is actually inside the file but the .JPG format is unreadable (I tried to open in Photoshop CS3, IE etc), but in Microsoft Offfice Picture Viewer the image is ok. I tried to view the images in the preview of Caliber, in the preview of Ebook Reader and in the PRS 600 with no success.

I need to change some settings ? Is this a know bug ?

Thanks in advance !
klamarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Let me see if I understand your problem. You're saying taht the JPEG image produced by calibre works in microsoft picture viewer but not in any other image viewer?

If that's the case opena ticket and attach your RTF.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
RichyRich
Connoisseur
RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RichyRich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
When converting an illustrated Mobi file to epub, Calibre puts the images into the image folder, but the links do not point to the image folder but to the root folder. Perhaps that is the problem you are having. The only image that is linked properly is the cover image.
RichyRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
klamarth
klamarth began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Hi again,

I double checked my installation and found the problem... I have an and old 0.6.11 version with shortcut on desktop. The most recent version (0.6.17) does not present the same problem.

Thanks anyway !!
klamarth is offline   Reply With Quote