Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #16
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
One thing I have noticed recently - that I absolutely love! - is that when you modify font type, size, line spacing, Margie, etc..the Aura will update the number of pages remaining (chapter or book) accordingly! Not so with the Kindle.
To be fair, you'll have this with the kepubs (ebooks bought to Kobo through the device or Kobo desktop). Sideloaded ebooks will be epubs and then the page numbers won't change according to the settings.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I love my Glo so much. Reading is effortless with him.

Configuration options are plentiful and easy to manage; the light illuminates JUST the way I like it; the weight and feel are great.

If a revolution happened in the world and an evil agency wiped out all the ebook readers other than the ones by a certain huge international bookseller who forgets to pay uk corporation tax; I would cry a lot. And hope someone would launch a resistance of course, but I'd still cry.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #18
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Mmm, Feel the Kobo Love

I'm still trying to decide if I want to upgrade from my Touch to an Aura HD.

Last edited by Sharkus; 05-02-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #19
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You know you do!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
booklover6, do you like the Kobo Mini better than the Paperwhite? If so, what is it that you like because I've always thought it to be similar to the Paperwhite.
Hmm...better, I don't know. There are things I like about both of them.

For the paperwhite, the light, of course, and the custom font I am using, makes it very crisp and white. And the sleep cover.

For the Mini, I love the small size, the sleep cover feature, the home page, the shelf view with thumbnails of the book covers, and that you can view the book's synopsis from the menu page. I love the text customizations, I even love the title at the top and the page number at the bottom!

What I don't love about the mini is the small size of the text in the library/shelf list. So I am really looking forward to getting the Glo, which I will be able to see much better.

Last edited by booklover6; 05-02-2013 at 04:33 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #21
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You know you do!
[Angel on my left shoulder] You don't *need* an Aura HD, your Touch is working very well for you

[Devil on my right shoulder] DO IT! You know you want to! Just don't drool on it.

Anyone know a rough ship time from Indigo on the Aura? Seems to be free shipping, which is nice. Think I'll side-step the sleepcover though, seems a bit steep at $49.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No way of picking one up at the office????
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #23
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
I love it how Kobo supports independent bookstores. People can carp all they want about Kobo’s customer service but those little places in our communities support us in ways online can’t. However, for some reason (maybe I can blame my wife) I couldn't find a way to justify buying another reader while my Paperwhite is still quite functional.

When I saw the post about the Aura and watched the videos I had all the justification I needed. I still have a few more days to figure out how it all works before my Aura arrives. I’m looking forward to a long happy relationship.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #24
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
A long happy relationship with your Wife, Dog and Aura.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #25
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Sharkus and I are in almost exactly the same boat. My Touch works perfectly fine, but my oh my do I covet the Aura.

I love, love love the Touch. The Aura can only be an upgrade.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Could you do me a favor ? Could you switch your Aura on, and then hold a mini magnet (kitchen fridge magnet works perfectly well) at different spots around the bezel, and tell me where more or less you need to hold the magnet for the Aura to switch off ? This would help me and anyone trying to build their own sleepcover greatly. Thanks !
My Aura will take some more days to arrive, I want to be creative in the mean time
The lower right corner of the screen. Pretty much the same spot as the Glo.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
drew2720
Connoisseur
drew2720 began at the beginning.

Device: K2i, K3, DXG, PW2, Sony prs650/350,KoboMini/AuraHD
Love my mini for my library books (downloaded through adobe digital), so I got an aura for the higher contrast and bigger size. Really love the aura, but when I downloaded some library books, the book covers weren't there. No problem with the mini, so what am I doing wrong with the aura? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
drew2720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Drew, you are pretty new, so you may know this yet, but it is considered to be impolite/not good practice to post the same thing in multiple threads. I am sure that when someone has something to say about your library cover question, they will do so in the thread you initially posted to. It's a better fit there.

Last edited by taming; 05-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #29
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
My first dedicated ereader was the kobo Touch which was great, and still is, my son uses it.

A few month ago I got the Glo, which pretty much does everything I want when I want to read novels.
The things I love about Kobo ereaders?

Well specifically the light on my Glo is just fantastic. I can read in bed without a sidelamp on.

That it supports many formats, including epub is very nice.

That it has SD card support is good too. Makes it easier to manage my books.

I love the touch screen, much more intuitive for me to swipe than press buttons.

I could say other stuff too, but really that's the things I specifically like about the Glo and Touch,

Now regarding the Aura, apart from it's bigger, is there any other difference between that and the Glo?
At this point I'm not really sure what the Aura offers me that the Glo hasn't already got.
Seeing as I only use my Glo for reading novels, I don;t see what benefit a bigger screen will give me.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #30
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post

One thing I have noticed recently - that I absolutely love! - is that when you modify font type, size, line spacing, Margie, etc..the Aura will update the number of pages remaining (chapter or book) accordingly! Not so with the Kindle.

Where can you see the number of pages for the book?

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote