Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-22-2011, 03:11 AM   #1
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite3
T1 Saving Battery Power

Should the T1 be turned off or just leave it in the sleep mode for day-to-day reading?. When do you turn yours off?.
Nicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:55 AM   #2
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
You don't need to turn it off unless you are not using it for a long while. For day to day reading just leave it on
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2011, 04:03 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
Should the T1 be turned off or just leave it in the sleep mode for day-to-day reading?. When do you turn yours off?.
I don't have a T-1, but the manual says the following on the topic.

Quote:
Shutting down/turning off the power completely

Completely turning off the Reader can preserve battery power longer than sleep mode when you are not using the Reader for a prolonged period of time.

...~~~...

Automatic power-saving modes

The Reader will enter sleep mode after 10 minutes of inactivity. After 3 days in sleep mode, the Reader will shut down/power off automatically. The automatic power-saving modes can not be turned off.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 AM   #4
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I never manually turn off my 950 so as to save wear and tear on my On/Off switch.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Nicko
Groupie
Nicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toysNicko shares his or her toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedb View Post
You don't need to turn it off unless you are not using it for a long while. For day to day reading just leave it on
That is what I thought but it is good to get others opinions. Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
zossi
zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.zossi can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Sony T1
i've been leaving mine on constantly, and the battery only lasted about a week, with around 3 hrs of use per day.. i did use the browser quite a bit when trying stuff out at first though.
zossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
Nicko
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zossi View Post
i've been leaving mine on constantly, and the battery only lasted about a week, with around 3 hrs of use per day.. i did use the browser quite a bit when trying stuff out at first though.
So perhaps it should be turned off when not in use, unless it uses a lot of battery power when it boots up.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
So perhaps it should be turned off when not in use, unless it uses a lot of battery power when it boots up.
Must be a different battery gubbins than the 650.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #9
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Must be a different battery gubbins than the 650.
Or more likely, as with most devices that have WiFi, the WiFi is not turned off in sleep mode and is using the battery...
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I leave mine on and have had it for 11 days and the battery has barely budged. I read for about 30 minutes to an hour each day. I also haven't turned off the WiFi.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #11
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
I don't turn off wifi either, but it remains in standby most of the time. If you use wifi to browse regularly, you will need to charge a lot more often. The wireless is easily the biggest power drain on the battery.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 AM   #12
Nicko
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
I don't turn off wifi either, but it remains in standby most of the time. If you use wifi to browse regularly, you will need to charge a lot more often. The wireless is easily the biggest power drain on the battery.
Well that is interesting. It is good to know what others are doing. I have been turning mine off but from now on I will leave it on, and let it go into the sleep mode.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #13
Skip_intro
Culture Eccentric
Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Skip_intro knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Red
Leave mine on, wifi and reader go to sleep quite quickly. I have used it for a week, long reading sessions every day and don't have an issue with battery level.
Skip_intro is offline   Reply With Quote