Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Calibre, SONY Reader and annotations

So, I'd really like to buy a T1. But I have some concerns.

I have been testing the new Reader software (Reader for PC) and I know it does not work properly (it freezes, crashes and doesn't recognize some content from SONY's own store - aside from being generally clunky).

So that's not an option.

The T1 will not work with the old 'Reader Library' software - at least, so I read.

Which leaves me with Calibre. I tend to 'free' my books anyhow and I already use Calibre to make epubs out of web content. But I have never really used Calibre to manage books.

Now, the problem I see is that Calibre does not have some features I really rely on. Or rather - let me put this into a question:

Can I use Calibre to transfer annotations, highlights, bookmarks (all important), dictionary logs and page markers (not important)?

Because, if I can't, I think I am better off with sticking with my devices and the old 'Reader Library'.

Is there anything else that will let me transfer annotations etc? Am I stuck with SONY's crap software?
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't work right now, the calibre devs need to have T1s themselves to implement such features after all. But Kolenka is already working on a way to implement collection management for the T1 in this thread.
So I guess you could ask there if they think it's possible.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert