Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 02:33 AM   #301
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
this always happens to me, i'm on a roll giving out karma and the system tells me to stop, says i've given out my limit for the day, i miss a bunch of days and it still only lets me give so much a day, could i build up karma, like vacation time and carry so much unused karma over to another day, vacation maxes out at 2 weeks here or 10 days carry over, maybe two days carry over for a max of 30 karmas in a day, or if we reduce the karma given for a post still be able to spread more karma, like if i can give 100 per post and just give 50 per post i could karma 20 posts to get to my full 1000 karma distribution
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
What UncleDuke said.

Or a karma-queuing system so that if you're over your quota, or have already given that person karma, it queues up to be given automatically when you next have karma available.

I strongly suspect the forum software isn't that clever, though...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
I would love to know who I gave Karma to along with the message I sent them. That way, when they respond to the Karma note, I will know my original message. Unfortunately, my old brain has trouble remembering!
Yes, please. All of these things. Me too. *hand raised* Iʻm a karma spurt giver ()- I go hog wild with karma, then I donʻt give it for a while, and then hog wild again. And then, after a hog wild spree, I might get a mysterious thank you and I wonder what the HECK I wrote on that karma!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 AM   #302
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
Yes, please. All of these things. Me too. *hand raised* Iʻm a karma spurt giver ()- I go hog wild with karma, then I donʻt give it for a while, and then hog wild again. And then, after a hog wild spree, I might get a mysterious thank you and I wonder what the HECK I wrote on that karma!

ditto - we should be able to 'see' what we wrote, so the reply makes a semblance of sense ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 08:05 AM   #303
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Knowing to whom you gave karma is the most likely of these suggestions to get implemented. But you can drop a note to Alex and ask about the others. Just be aware that he's very busy with work right now.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #304
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I usually, but not always, try to give a little hint in the 'thank you' message for the karma as a subtle reminder as to what post the karma and thank you, and the karma message, are referring to.

Sometimes I'm halfway through typing the karma message and hit some odd key sequence and accidentally send some incomprehensible message.

It would be nice though, if karma was set up like the private messaging system, where you could switch between incoming and outgoing with a reference to the actual post in outgoing karma and the karma message you sent. Something do dream about, like a firmware update for my PRS-700 that will allow dictionary look-up and scribble notes.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #305
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I usually, but not always, try to give a little hint in the 'thank you' message for the karma as a subtle reminder as to what post the karma and thank you, and the karma message, are referring to.

Sometimes I'm halfway through typing the karma message and hit some odd key sequence and accidentally send some incomprehensible message.

It would be nice though, if karma was set up like the private messaging system, where you could switch between incoming and outgoing with a reference to the actual post in outgoing karma and the karma message you sent. Something do dream about, like a firmware update for my PRS-700 that will allow dictionary look-up and scribble notes.

WDE.

that clears that one up then .....
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 10:22 PM   #306
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
karma on a roll with a side salad and coffee

UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #307
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
karma on a roll with a side salad and coffee
But no doughnuts? Are you dieting, UncleDuke?
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 PM   #308
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
I only noticed this recently, and was wondering about how it worked, strangely, I was looking for the "coloured" (blue, violet,etc) in the book recommends section so I typed in fairy in the search bar and the first hit was "how karma works" facinating I guess thats karma for you.
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #309
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
But no doughnuts? Are you dieting, UncleDuke?
can one love without not loving doughnuts?

it is for all of you wonderful ladies, patricia, zelda, vcat, bgdeb, dreams, neko, kaz, shorty, and too many others to name, maybe we should do a calandar with each of you holding a reader
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #310
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
it is for all of you wonderful ladies, patricia, zelda, vcat, bgdeb, dreams, neko, kaz, shorty, and too many others to name, maybe we should do a calandar with each of you holding a reader

Only if my part can be played by Helen Mirren!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #311
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post

Only if my part can be played by Helen Mirren!
So you are a 64 year old bikini queen?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #312
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
So you are a 64 year old bikini queen?

Honey, I didn't look that good at 24. I was just volunteering a Calendar Girl someone might actually want to look at!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #313
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Great idea! You can send us on a year long cruise around the world and we can demonstrate how we can read here, we can read there, we can read anywhere with our Readers.

Humm.. you may have to come along to get the pictures.

You can then choose the best pictures of each of us from the various months to make into a calendar.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #314
GeoffC

Visions of loveliness passes across my eyes ....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:35 AM   #315
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
I suppose I'd be willing to have a picture of my hand holding a reader in a calendar....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
focking, lefty