Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 03:34 AM   #1
m.tarenskeen
m.tarenskeen began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook One
my e-reader not recognized anymore

Hi,

Since only recently I am having this problem:
Until now my BeBook was recognized and automatically shown in Calibre.
But now this has stopped working. I can still access my BeBook as a USB storage device though.

I am currently using calibre 0.7.26.
I am on Linux Fedora 13 and if I start calibre from the commandline, the console output tells me:

Code:
Unable to open device <calibre.devices.hanlin.driver.HANLINV3 object at 0xaea6d8c>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 171, in do_connect
    dev.open()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 685, in open
    self.open_linux()
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/devices/usbms/device.py", line 610, in open_linux
    %self.__class__.__name__)
DeviceError: Schijf HANLINV3 kan niet worden gevonden. Uw kernel gebruikt waarschijnlijk een verouderde versie van SYSFS
You might not speak Dutch :-) The last line translated in English says something like:
"Drive HANLINV3 can not be found. Your kernel probably uses a deprecated version of SYSFS"

What can I/you do to fix this recent problem ?

Last edited by m.tarenskeen; 11-01-2010 at 03:38 AM.
m.tarenskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.tarenskeen View Post
I am on Linux Fedora 13 and if I start calibre from the commandline, the console output tells me:

You might not speak Dutch :-) The last line translated in English says something like:
"Drive HANLINV3 can not be found. Your kernel probably uses a deprecated version of SYSFS"
What version of calibre are you running?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
m.tarenskeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
What version of calibre are you running?
Very quick reply! Your reply was faster than the time I needed to edit my original post to add that information: calibre 0.7.26 !
Old 11-01-2010, 03:58 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Very quick reply! Your reply was faster than the time I needed to edit my original post to add that information: calibre 0.7.26 !
While you wait for someone who knows Linux, read this thread or these.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #5
m.tarenskeen

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
While you wait for someone who knows Linux, read this thread or these.
Looks like I am adviced to recompile my kernel. Does not sound like fun :-(

I think I'll stick to using my BeBook as a standard USB storage device for the time being.
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I think I'll stick to using my BeBook as a standard USB storage device for the time being.
If you're resorting to using it as a standard USB storage device then it is worth your time to try the Connect to folder option. This has many of the benefits of connecting to device but connects to a Folder on whatever drive you point it to.