Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-24-2022, 04:19 PM   #1
Okok
Okok began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Unhappy limit of the number of characters in the title ??

I have some books named like: "Titleofthebook - First edition - tome 00" but when I look at the file in the caliber folders, they appear like this: "Titleofthebook - first edition - Tome"... I think the title of the file is too "long", has anyone ever had this problem ?
Okok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:12 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okok View Post
I have some books named like: "Titleofthebook - First edition - tome 00" but when I look at the file in the caliber folders, they appear like this: "Titleofthebook - first edition - Tome"... I think the title of the file is too "long", has anyone ever had this problem ?
Yes but I don't think of it as a problem. Stop looking in the calibre library since the file name in the library means nothing and poking around with the OS tools can and will cause issues when your files no longer match the database. When you look in the calibre GUI or when you send to device or save to disk, you should be seeing the original title assuming your column widths are wide enough and you aren't running into path length limits.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:55 AM   #3
Okok
Okok began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Yes but I don't think of it as a problem. Stop looking in the calibre library since the file name in the library means nothing and poking around with the OS tools can and will cause issues when your files no longer match the database. When you look in the calibre GUI or when you send to device or save to disk, you should be seeing the original title assuming your column widths are wide enough and you aren't running into path length limits.
Oh you are right the name is displayed correctly on my tablet thank you !
Okok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, character, limit, limitation, title