Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 01:00 AM   #31
b0rsuk
meles meles
b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.b0rsuk can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by perversity View Post
Something that most people tend to forget is that they don't actually OWN any of the digital content they use unless they CREATED it. You only own a lisence to use the product as the owner(s) sees fit.
Ah, but you can't have it both ways. It is either:
- a physical item, in which case I can do whatever I want with it, including selling, lending, copying etc. I can even modify it or else I'm not a real owner.
- a licensing deal, in which case I'm entitled to replacement physical medium or another chance to download whenever something bad happens to the disk or file. And I don't care if your servers are up or down, a deal is a deal. Keeping servers up and/or providing extra copy on request is your problem.

So which is it ?
b0rsuk is offline   Reply With Quote