Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
dashto
dashto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
HELP! 'Decryption Failed' Message

Bought a new book today, downloaded the 1.7.1 desktop last night, for my first gen Kobo.

When syncing, the application crashed, had to reload it.

When the book popped up on my reader, right after the reload, it's 'there', but I can't read it. On each page it says 'Decryption failed! Try resyncing your library'

I've resynced, twice, no progress. Same message, can't read it

What to do?

Thanks!
Ian
dashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #2
dashto
dashto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Actually correction, now all books read 'Decryption failed! Try resyncing your library'

Crud.
dashto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I had this happen - what I had to do was log out of my Kobo account on my desktop and then log back in, and then Sync. Hope it works for you.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:51 PM   #4
crazymum6248
Crazymum6248
crazymum6248 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thank you so much, your suggestion worked perfectly and now I am a very happy person. Being from Australia I get frustrated quickly having to call the support number, time difference is an issue when you don't want to hang on for long periods at night. I ran an upgrade as suggested on my borders account but didn't think to sign in/out of my account to get it to activate so thanks for this option that's obviously all that was needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
I had this happen - what I had to do was log out of my Kobo account on my desktop and then log back in, and then Sync. Hope it works for you.
crazymum6248 is offline   Reply With Quote