Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
xrm0
xrm0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Copying large epubs

Up until now, I've been using Dropbox to transfer epubs to the iPad/iPhone to test them.
Recently I've been working with large epubs (> 10MB) and as I don't have a very good inet connection, transferring them via Dropbox is very time consuming.

Now I'm using ftp vía FileApp. What other methods are you using to copy large files to iPad/iPhone?

I've been told about Calibre content server and Apple Book Proofer (although the latter is only available to those who have an account for paid books on iTC).
xrm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
If you use iTunes, you can drag the ePubs straight into the app. There's a tutorial here: http://lifehacker.com/5806075/how-to...-for-beginners
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
xrm0

Thanks. But that method doesn't work with iBooks (forgot to mention in the first message I needed to test with iBooks!)
Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
If you drag ePubs to your device in iTunes they should go straight in iBooks.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Yes they do. You need to copy them to the iTunes library...over on the left side if the (old) screen...not to the "apps transfer" tab on your device.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
xrm0

I did that with the old version. Can't find it with the new iTunes version, though. Is that possible with the latest iTunes version?

Anyway, I'm copying the epub with File Sharing to FileApp and from there I open the book in iBooks.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You can show the sidebar by hitting ctrl-s...then drag the ebooks like the old way.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
xrm0

You are right, thanks.