Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 05:52 AM   #1
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
True leather cover for Kindle 2

I'm very happy to be discovered this shop in Spain that sells True Leather cover for Kindle 2:

http://www.pielframa.com/fundas.asp?...oma=es&color=2

Amazon ones is "polipiel" (a direct translation will be: syntheleather), that is a synthetic plastic very similar to true leather (simulating the true leather holes for the animal hair like true ones and with random patterns like true ones).

However, "Piel Frama" is a well known Spanish mfr that only manufactures true leather things, and with a lot of quality, handmade stuff. And expensive.

Please, this is not an advertisement, it is I'm happy to find how traditional manufacturers try to live in this globalized competitive world. And I live in a traditional shoes Spanish manufacturer city and I know what is in the market, and if someone wants a very true leather cover, they can get from Piel Frama.

They are bovine (cow) leather.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Piel Frama are an extremely well-known maker of high-quality leather cases. I have one of their cases for my Windows Smartphone.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Tempvs
Enthusiast
Tempvs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Kindle Touch, Nook HD+
http://www.amazon.com/Piel-Frama-Ama...f=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Amazon get it!!
Tempvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempvs View Post
¡Hola, Tempvs!

Sorry for being copied your post from Lectores Electrónicos: http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...ewtopic&t=1285

A little world.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
There is a thread about this company in the Kindle Accessories section. It's good the have feedback from folks who are more familiar with them.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 04:08 AM   #6
Tempvs
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfog View Post
¡Hola, Tempvs!

Sorry for being copied your post from Lectores Electrónicos: http://www.lectoreselectronicos.com/...ewtopic&t=1285

A little world.
Don't worry Rfog, we are here about the same date!! Predestination, I mean!

Daffy these covers are the best, good leather and better handcrafts.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:14 AM   #7
ellen_moran2001
ellen_moran2001 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2,
Hi

Check out great Kindle 2 & Kindle DX leather cases and accessories by OCTO -

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?...-keywords=OCTO

I have tried a few of thier products and find them great.

They also do very funky, high quality iphone cases.

Enjoy!
ellen_moran2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 PM   #8
Tempvs
Enthusiast

I love OCTO vintage!!! It`s cool.

http://www.amazon.com/OCTO-Vintage-L...f=pd_rhf_p_t_2

Old 06-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #9
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
It seems like there are more and more of the kindle accessory makers every day. Choices are good
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #10
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Piel Frama are an extremely well-known maker of high-quality leather cases. I have one of their cases for my Windows Smartphone.
Yes...I owned a couple if their cases for Palm PDAs in the past. Very nice craftmanship.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:09 AM   #11
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Nice find, it looks like a very good quality one! A good case like that feels better in the hands for long reading sessions than a cold aluminum back.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #12
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi all,

OCTO here, just to let you know that the Kindle Vintage Book Cover will be back in stock in less than 2 weeks and will be available for the Kindle 2 and Kindle DX;

See links below;
Kindle 2 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001U3TQ3S
Kindle DX - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QDBU4Y

Many thanks
OCTO
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #13
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Tempvs,
Thanks for the link to Amazon for these products. They look great. I just ordered a new cover from Noreve for my KindleDX. Wish I had seen these sooner. I'll check to see if they make anything for my Sony 505. That would be lovely.

I did go ahead and order one of the Piel Frama covers for my iTouch through Amazon today in a nice hot pink leather.

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 11-22-2009 at 02:00 AM.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:51 AM   #14
Tempvs
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
Tempvs,
Thanks for the link to Amazon for these products. They look great. I just ordered a new cover from Noreve for my KindleDX. Wish I had seen these sooner. I'll check to see if they make anything for my Sony 505. That would be lovely.

I did go ahead and order one of the Piel Frama covers for my iTouch through Amazon today in a nice hot pink leather.
You're welcome Luv. The covers are great!!!!
Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 PM   #15
OCTO
OCTO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Back in Stock

http://www.amazon.com/OCTO-Vintage-L...968712&sr=1-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempvs View Post
OCTO is offline   Reply With Quote