Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #16
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I don't recommend that the secondary hardware be the same model as the one that its a secondary for. As computer hardware ages they get less dependable and more prone to breaking down, hence I recommend a Kindle Paper white paired with a second generation kindle or a first generation one. Its not a good idea to backup a kindle three with a kindle three, they are older hardware and equally unreliable.

I might at some point backup my kindle three with a nook. Since they are different ages and different brands they are a good backups for each other, however I the nook costs too much at this point.

Last edited by jbcohen; 09-21-2012 at 07:46 AM.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #17
tango7
fully engaged
tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tango7 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by joehunt View Post
Cowboom (which I think is owned by Best Buy) has used K3 3Gs for $79.99

http://www.cowboom.com/product/903010
Thank you.
tango7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 07:23 AM   #18
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
I own two Kindle 3 (and a Kindle DX and Kindle 4). The Kindle 3 is imho the best small kindle. The contrast seems better than the K4, it has a keyboard and the firmware is not as buggy as in the K4. The K4 has a cheaper plastic hardware and buttons which are worn off.

Hail to the Kindle 3 but keep in mind the battery is aging over time so even if you never used your spare Kindle you'll get some battery problems sooner or later.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #19
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
From a slightly different angle... I bought my K3 3G in 2011 and then didn't use it much, it was in the cupboard. I took it only while travelling or on holidays and 3G proved to be worth the money. But this year while on holiday in a remote village in the middle of nowhere I was able to check weather, local news and buy books while in bed at night - it really grew on me and now Iike it very much. Last night I hunted down beautiful noreve case, one I always wanted for it but manufacturer charges 55 € to start with and I bought mine for 23 €. Last one is still on Amazon.co.uk if you wish. I'm so glad
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #20
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Thumbs up

I bought my second one by mistake, as I thought I had bricked it, and then Amazon sent me a new one and I also ordered the Sony PR1, then I un-bricked the old one with factory reset.

I did not return the old K3 but after a month I was charged for it.

I used to keep the spare Kindle in the car, but I now I keep it the bath and I have changed the cover to a water-proof one.

I used to use the PSP to read books before a lot. But lighted readers can mess up your eye-sight! I had to go sick and just about drove the car back home from work! Thats why I will not buy the Kindle Fire or Paperwhite - I prefer an external light or natural light, I find it more relaxing. This could be like a new post, but I cannot be bothered.

Last edited by peter12345; 09-25-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: added extra paragraph
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert