Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-17-2015, 01:35 AM   #151
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizunice View Post
Hi, thanks for nice tool

It would be useful to add in Batch operations (if possible at all) function to rename fields, like creator for example, which, as far as I can see, I can only edit in single mode. Or to batch rename all in list based on the first, which was tagged propperly.

If I'm wrong and such possibility exists, can someone please point me to some tutorial how to do that, I got converter (KCC) name in 300+ comics, which showing in Kobo Aura as author.

Thanks.
I have an idea about a way to do this. I'll try and get it into the next version.
Ben.
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:45 AM   #152
Fizunice
Fizunice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks a lot!

Fizunice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2015, 10:59 AM   #153
CharlieSummers
CharlieSummers began at the beginning.

Device: FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Hi there,
I am happy to try and debug this. But it will be easier if you attach the EPUB in question. Thanks!
Ben.
This occurred on 22-23 files yesterday (I should have checked before doing most of the series), not a single file. I can't attach the files publicly (they are copyrighted), but I'd be happy to provide one or two in the original format and post-EPUB Metadata Editor if you can suggest a less...open method.

I have to admit I don't know the format specifications, so if multiple definitions of an item are permitted in the .opf file, this is then an issue with Sigil being too strict. If multiple definitions are _not_ permitted, then it may be the Editor. Making it clear I'm not blaming anyone for anything, just noting an anomaly between the two applications which only occurred after upgrading both from older versions yesterday.

EPUB Medatata Editor is definitely duplicating the cover.jpg id item (and the toc.ncx html item, which I just noticed now and doesn't seem to bother Sigil) when hitting that "Auto-fix .opf file" button, though. An example from one of these files, first before the autofix:

Code:
  <manifest>
    <item href="../0000Cover.jpg" id="prioritorised_cover" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
    <item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
    <item id="cover.jpg" href="Images/cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
    <item id="cover.xhtml" href="Text/cover.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="part1.xhtml" href="Text/part1.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="title.xhtml" href="Text/title.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
  </manifest>
...and now after:

Code:
  <manifest>
    <item href="../0000Cover.jpg" id="prioritorised_cover" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
    <item id="ncx" href="toc.ncx" media-type="application/x-dtbncx+xml"/>
    <item id="cover.jpg" href="Images/cover.jpg" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
    <item id="cover.xhtml" href="Text/cover.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="part1.xhtml" href="Text/part1.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="title.xhtml" href="Text/title.xhtml" media-type="application/xhtml+xml"/>
    <item id="cover.jpg" id="cover" media-type="image/jpeg"/>
</manifest>
The current workaround is, of course, not hitting that button. ;)
CharlieSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:37 PM   #154
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.4.2

Hi everyone,

Someone found a bug and someone requested a feature. So here's the newest version:

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.2
Recent Changes:
  • Added batch task: Replace field.
  • Changed the way files were being saved during batch processing.
  • Fix for "Auto-fix .opf file" button when href info comes after id in the cover item.
  • Minor bug fixes

One big warning: the replace field batch task is very powerful. Using this task you can wipe fields (by replacing with an empty string). You can also select more than one field at a time, replacing the contents of all selected fields with the same information. So please use with care!

I have also made changes to the way files are saved in the batch task process. I have done some testing, but not extensive testing. So please make backups of your files before using, just in case.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:56 AM   #155
Fizunice
Fizunice began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Now that was fast

Thanks a lot, sir.
Fizunice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2015, 10:09 PM   #156
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Latest version: 1.4.3

Hi everyone,

A few more EPUB3 files have been turning up in the wild, so that has given me a chance to improve the EPUB3 handling.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.3
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for handling creator refines in EPUB3.
  • Fix for handling identifier refines in EPUB3.
  • Use Calibre's title_sort meta tag for Title file as in EPUB3.
  • Added "show/hide paragraph marks" button in file editor.
  • Added "Find EPUB3" (in current folder) button in Batch Operations.
  • Code cleaning.
  • Minor bug fixes.
NOTE: EPUB3 handling now at Beta level.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:11 PM   #157
Togijak
Enthusiast
Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
@BenChen

Is there any chace that you add a function to remove the special calibre metatdata like

Quote:
<meta content="GOR-Zyklus 08 - Die Jäger von Go" name="calibre:title_sort" />
<meta content="2012-06-07T08:15:00+00:00" name="calibre:timestamp" />
<meta content="cover" name="cover" />
<meta content="0.0" name="calibre:rating" />
<meta content="{}" name="calibre:user_categories" />
<meta content="{&quot;Norman, John&quot;: &quot;&quot;}" name="calibre:author_link_map" />
<meta content="0.8.7" name="Sigil version" />

and

<meta content="http://calibre-ebook.com" name="generator"/>
<meta content="." name="author"/>
<meta content="2008-10-16" name="creation-time"/>
<meta content="2008-10-16" name="revision-time"/>
<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"/>
only <meta content="cover" name="cover" /> has to stay

regards

Togijak
Togijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:23 PM   #158
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togijak View Post
@BenChen

Is there any chace that you add a function to remove the special calibre metatdata like

only <meta content="cover" name="cover" /> has to stay

regards

Togijak
Hi Togijak,

I think so. My immediate thought is that it would be best to do this as a button on the "Edit opf file" window. That would require 4 clicks. But it also means you can check that the opf file looks OK before clicking the "Save" button on the "Edit opf file" window. Does that sound reasonable?

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:26 AM   #159
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.4.4

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.4
Recent Changes:
  • Added "Remove <meta /> tags" button to OPF file editor.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #160
Togijak
Enthusiast
Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Togijak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.4
Recent Changes:
  • Added "Remove <meta /> tags" button to OPF file editor.
@Ben

You make my day
Togijak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:27 AM   #161
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.4.5

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.5
Recent Changes:
  • Added Find capability to File edit window (button and CTRL-F activation).
  • "View File" button now shows html and xhtml files at the same time.
  • Fixed a bug whereby saved EPUBs were failing ePubCheck because of mimetype error.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:30 AM   #162
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.4.6

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.6
Recent Changes:
  • Changed compression method used so epubs open in ADE, etc.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:31 AM   #163
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.4.7

I've been using my program to edit existing EPUBs more and more recently. Some of these recent changes and additions have been to make things easier to do certain tasks. As always, if you find a bug, please let me know!

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.7
Recent Changes:
  • Added "Preview" button when editing (x)html files.
  • Added "Show EPUB contents in Windows Explorer" button to advanced tasks panel.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:32 PM   #164
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.4.8

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.8
Recent Changes:
  • "Show EPUB contents in Windows Explorer" button was not visible.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:48 PM   #165
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.4.9

Latest Update: The current version is 1.4.9
Recent Changes:
  • Removed margins/padding in description box.