Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 12:44 AM   #31
Philosopher
Connoisseur
Philosopher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
>> Can you explain why you wanted it out of curiosity?

It was just a thought. I have just started to use your plug-in - thanks by the way - and am using it more and more in different ways. I envision many further reasons to use it.

In particular I have been using it to edit my database of books - I have an extremely large library - but I have also had my books spread out on many computers and many directories, have imported a number of duplicates, etc.

So some of the views I have created are very similar to each other - and not always immediately obvious which I am in at the moment.

I just thought it would be - particularly in terms of looking to future uses - convenient to be able to quickly tell which particular view I was in at any moment.

That's really all the thought was about - just trying to offer constructive ideas for possible development of the plug-in. I appreciate your response and your time in creating this tool. Thanks
Philosopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #32
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
I too would find that useful information, although I would be content with a checkmark next to the last selected view. Whether or not I've changed some of the columns around, it would be helpful to know when I was ready to switch to a new view, this would help to keep me from selecting the same one again. I too have similar views, some of which are exactly the same except one is filtered for specific tracks whereas the other is the full library.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #33
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
v1.0.6 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Indicate the last selected view with a checkbox in the menu
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #34
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Just wanted to pop in and say I'm now using this plugin too. Now that I'm managing multiple libraries with multiple restricted views in each for different reasons, it's nice to not have to manually fiddle with the columns only applicable in certain views.

So you can add this to the growing list of "things I thought I didn't need but now can't live without".
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #35
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Haha, glad to hear it. My number one usage of it is to restore my sort order with a keypress as I am forever doing actions which alter it, a fraction of what the plugin offers but glad you and others have found a use for the other stuff
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 06:30 AM   #36
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Haha, glad to hear it. My number one usage of it is to restore my sort order with a keypress as I am forever doing actions which alter it, a fraction of what the plugin offers but glad you and others have found a use for the other stuff
Well since we have wandered down that road....

I currently have 23 different views, some are for editing, goodreads management, kindle collection creation, reading list adjustments, additions to my library, samples etc... This list of course could be a lot smaller but I have four that are in duplicate, one restricted with a specific group of books and its duplicate on the entire library. This, reading list, kindle collections and goodreads are my most used plugins but I currently have 17 installed 15 of which belong to Kiwidude.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #37
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Feature request (well, more of an idea than a request -- I'm succeeding by editing the .json for now)

Be able to import a viewset from another library (any library in the .json, including libraries that no longer exist, but still have a viewset in the .json)
Overwriting(?) existing views of the same name.

Possible Enhancements -
select which view(s) to import
select a .json file to import from

As CWatkinsNash said, this is definitely one of those "things I thought I didn't need but now can't live without".
Thanks
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #38
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnm View Post
Feature request (well, more of an idea than a request -- I'm succeeding by editing the .json for now)

Be able to import a viewset from another library (any library in the .json, including libraries that no longer exist, but still have a viewset in the .json)
Overwriting(?) existing views of the same name.

Possible Enhancements -
select which view(s) to import
select a .json file to import from

As CWatkinsNash said, this is definitely one of those "things I thought I didn't need but now can't live without".
Thanks
Now that is an idea I would not mind seeing. This would help me keeping track of my work and home views.

Nyn
Old 07-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #39
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hey,

I really like your plugin, many thanks for this! The only minor problem for me is: I have a desktop computer with 24" display and a netbook with 10". I would really like to create a "netbook view", where a number of columns are not shown and - more importantly - where the width of the columns shown is much smaller than in my default view. However, the plugin does not save any information about the width of the columns. Would it be possible to implement this?

Greets,
domee
domee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #40
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Beta for next release

@domee,

Here is a version for you to experiment with that allows you to save the column widths. To store the widths, you select the view, get the widths for the columns how you like them and then on the View Manager menu choose the new "Save column widths" option. This will store the widths for the current view, and will apply them the next time the view is applied.

It is in need of further testing so anyone who wants to assist with this it would be appreciated.

When a few people give me the thumbs up I will officially release it.

Last edited by kiwidude; 07-11-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Removed attachment as released
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 AM   #41
domee
domee began at the beginning.

Device: none
Works perfectly! Thanks a lot!
domee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #42
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Add ability to store column widths as part of the view information

This is the same code as a few of you have tested as mentioned above, but with the verison officially bumped to 1.1. Nothe that to save your column widths, you need to first select the view to customise, then change your widths how you like them, then choose the "Save column widths" option in the View Manager menu.

Note that this now requires Calibre 0.8.8 or later
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #43
technomom
Enthusiast
technomom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, iPhone 12 mini
I'm running the just-released version of Calibre (I guess that's obvious from the below) under Windows 7-64bit. I attempted to install the plugin for the first time and received an error message. I'm posting the details as requested. Thank you! Cyn

calibre, version 0.8.10
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 731, in _install_clicked
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 384, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 539, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.view_manager.action", line 19, in <module>
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 150, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.view_manager.config", line 82, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.view_manager.config", line 75, in migrate_config_if_required
AttributeError: 'float' object has no attribute 'keys'
technomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #44
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.1.1 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Fix error issue for first time users

@technomom - thanks for reporting this. Obviously the last release needed a bit more testing than was done. This should resolve your issue for you, please let me know how you get on.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #45
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Kiwidude: I installed the latest version and it destroyed all my views, I then tried to just copy over a saved copy of the json file and they are all still messed up. All my views only show the title column. How do I get my views to work again without rebuilding them?