Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
StefDrums
StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!StefDrums , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo
Exclamation PDF Landscape issue

hello,
I have a Kobo Glo, updated to FW 2.4.0. I use it to view PDFs containing much of powerpoint slides or Word documents, but I have a problem:
if I want to display a PDF in Landscape mode I do not know why but with the zoom to a minimum (ie pressing the rotation button only), the right part of the document is truncated about 1 cm.
This is not zooming, space instead of the text remains white!

if it fit the page to the screen according to the height, the deleted content magically reappears.

someone has the same problem?
StefDrums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefDrums View Post
… if I want to display a PDF in Landscape mode I do not know why but with the zoom to a minimum (ie pressing the rotation button only), the right part of the document is truncated about 1 cm.
This is not zooming, space instead of the text remains white!
I have the same problem with landscape orientated pdf's on the Touch with minimal zoom (no zoom or "fit to width").
If I rotate a pdf to landscape orientation. A black bar appears on the bottom of the screen, just above the navigation bar. I've attached the pdf to this post.

When pressing the middle of the screen to hide the navigation bar (and only the page numbers are shown) the black bar also disappears. But the area where previously the black bar was displayed remains white. It looks like the black bar was replaced by a white bar and not displaying pdf content.

When zooming in 1 notch the pdf is correctly displayed (no "bars"). But then the landscape orientated pdf doesn't really fit the screen so you have to swipe to go to the next or previous page.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 135485466-TGSF-Advisors-Major-Themes-April-2013-Copy.pdf (8.07 MB, 824 views)
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
evtol
evtol began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Aura HD
I have recently bought a Kobo Aura HD and sadly I am having the same problem.
evtol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo glo, landscape, pdf, zoom