Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Totally bummed!

Was buying kindle books at Amazon today when I ran across this outrageous pricing! The book is "In His Image". I was thrilled to find it but not so thrilled with the pricing structure.
Hardcover: 30.40
Paperback: 11.95
Kindle price: 19.99
That is ridiculous and the Hachette Book Group is one I'll avoid totally. I'm so mad I could just spit! I may not be able to do much about it except to vote with my pocketbook by not buying ANY of their books. Thanks for letting me rant! http://www.amazon.com/His-Image-Chri...=AG56TWVU5XWC2
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Instead of not buying *any* of their books, it seems to me that the better way to send a message to the publisher would be to buy their fairly priced books (if you want the book, of course), while not buying the ones that are stupidly priced. That sends the message that reasonable prices sell books.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
That's weird, because Kindle Nation Daily just today highlighted Hatchett's tactic of releasing some of their authors at cut-rate prices and therefore driving them up the Kindle bestsellers list. I find publishers' attitudes towards ebook pricing utterly perplexing.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
They're obviously starting with the HC as a basis for how they're pricing the ebook. The paperback mentioned is an out of print edition being sold by third party booksellers. While it'd be nice for the price to be lower you're not likely to ever see a publisher trying to compete with used booksellers.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
If you're talking about the first book of James BeauSeigneur's Christ Clone Trilogy, I wouldn't waste a dime on any version of that book (too late for me, but I can save others). Overlooking the fact that it's nothing but religious propaganda disguised as science-fiction, it's just horribly written. Horribly.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert