Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-27-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
Mobipocket Creater--Anyone have a copy?

I have been trying to get to the Mobipocket website all day.

Had a hard drive crash and I've been putting my applications back on the new computer. I need the creator.

Does anyone know why Mobipocket is down for so long?
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Presumably they too have had some kind of hardware problem. I'm sure it'll be back today (Monday) when they get back to work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
Gladtobemom
Connoisseur
Gladtobemom began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Palm Z72
I was able to download it this morning. I've downloaded both the creator and the reader to my "archive of apps."

It just kinda freaked me out just a little bit.

Thanks for the patience.
Gladtobemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassida View Post
How do I convert a prc file into pdf or doc file? i've heard of amber converter but i don't know which one to use.I have ebooks in mobipocket and i want to convert them to pdf or doc for esier reading.......
Have you taken your meds today?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:58 AM   #5
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
In other words, why destroy a book in a very good format for e-readers and convert it into something that looks like crap on most e-readers today?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassida View Post
How do I convert a prc file into pdf or doc file? i've heard of amber converter but i don't know which one to use.I have ebooks in mobipocket and i want to convert them to pdf or doc for esier reading.......
I assume you are kidding? But, if not, stanza will export an ebook to PDF.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #7
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
cassida stated desire for a Sony Reader elsewhere. Mobipocket files would be of limited utility...
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 10-31-2008 at 07:35 PM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
cassida stated desire for a Sony Reader elsewhere. Mobipocket files would be of limited utility...
______
Dennis
Strip the DRM, convert to LRF using Calibre and voila, very much useful.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote