Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm getting the Kindle Fire That's gonna be my Christmas gift.
I had planned to get a Pandigital Nova for $180 but seeing I can get KF for $199 I am defiantly changing my mind.

I haven't decided on the new Kindle Touch yet or a Sony T1. If I do go for a Kindle Touch it will probably be $99 one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #47
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
I'm weak, after saying I wouldn't upgrade I just ordered the new Kindle (no touch version). I'll be selling my Kindle Keyboard...so long sweet device, you have served me well.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #48
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
I'm weak...
It's ok. You're among friends. You did the right thing.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #49
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It's ok. You're among friends. You did the right thing.
LOL, will arrive just in time for my birthday too.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #50
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay I've decided I'm gonna get a Kindle Touch (WSO) . It's will arrive in time for my Birthday as well. Now what do I do with my K3?

Also does Amazon charge anything on your card before it ships? I know they don't usually with pre-order books but never preorder before anything but ebooks.
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #51
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Okay I've decided I'm gonna get a Kindle Touch (WSO) . It's will arrive in time for my Birthday as well. Now what do I do with my K3?

Also does Amazon charge anything on your card before it ships? I know they don't usually with pre-order books but never preorder before anything but ebooks.
They only charge once it ships. Congrats on the new purchase!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #52
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I ordered two Fires for the children (ages 9 and 11). This is what the NOOKcolor should've been. If I was in the market for a 7" tablet I would certainly get one and a Touch 3G. NOOKcolor can't compete with no content and lacking app store.
I know the answer to this is NO, but would you like another kid? Nice Mom ordering both children Kindle Fires. Nice Christmas at your house. I know they will love em.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #53
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
I know the answer to this is NO, but would you like another kid? Nice Mom ordering both children Kindle Fires. Nice Christmas at your house. I know they will love em.
There was a bit of selfishness on my part. My daughter used to play with my rooted NOOKcolor on a regular basis. Now that I have my Sony tablet it's hands off. Look from afar! She just came in my office wanting to hold it to see how light it is. I quickly showed her the Amazon order confirmation. She ran to tell her brother.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #54
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0stbit3 View Post
True..

PS: What's your avatar?
The Naked Sun, a book by Isaac Asimov. The second book in which one of the main characters, R. Daneel Olivaw, appears. He's a robot, hence the R.

Also, that's my handle on this here forum.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #55
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by apenney View Post
Delivery estimate: Nov. 28, 2011 - Nov. 30, 2011
1 "Kindle Touch 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display"
Electronics; $189.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Wow, already a week out from the initial Nov 21 ship date. There must be a lot of people ordering this model!
The dates listed in the previous post are DELIVERY dates, not ship dates. The ship date would still be Nov. 22 and the delivery dates imply standard shipping selected.

Last edited by Skydog; 09-28-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:56 PM   #56
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I haven't decided if I'm going to get one yet or not.

The rumor is that a 10" version will be available in Q1 of 2012, and I'd rather have the larger screen. Yet, $200 is pretty cheap.

Arghhh, I want one. What to do?! What to do?!
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #57
Zeebra
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
The Naked Sun, a book by Isaac Asimov. The second book in which one of the main characters, R. Daneel Olivaw, appears. He's a robot, hence the R.

Also, that's my handle on this here forum.
Fantastic series, along with Foundation one of my favorites.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:00 PM   #58
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Ordered one of each so that I can review them all hands-on on my blog So stay tuned for Keyboardless Kindle review tomorrow
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:01 PM   #59
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebra View Post
They only charge once it ships. Congrats on the new purchase!
Thank you! I just pre-ordered the Kindle Touch! I needed to know because I use a green dot reloadable prepaid card.

I even added 4 reminders on my phone to make sure the money is in there a week before.

This is hubby's Birthday gift to me. He's just doesn't know it yet.

According to Amazon I will get it a week after my birthday.
Nov 30 - Dec 05

I will order a case for it right before. I do know I wont be buying another lighted case for this one.

I wont pre-order the Kindle Fire as I just have to wait and see on that one.
If it was released toward Christmas then Nov 15th then I would.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-28-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #60
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post

This is hubby's Birthday gift to me. He's just doesn't know it yet.

Tags
amazon, android, fire, kindle