Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 06:52 AM   #1
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3gen, Cybook Odyssey FL HD
What is the best way for synchronising pdf library on my pc with my ipad?

I work a lot with pdf files, and I'm looking for an easy way to synchronise the library I have on my pc (with subfolder etc intact) with my ipad. I've just bought an ipad so I'm totally new to how it works, and I'm not sure where to start... so advice is greatly appreciated
jojoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
jojoba
Addict
jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jojoba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So, I found a recipe online now, but there's not 'books' tap in my itunes library.

I'm confused...
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Use Dropbox. I have all my books in Dropbox and I can browse the listings from the iPad then download them as I need them. I use this for getting epubs into Stanza and PDFs into Goodnotes. (I haven't found the perfect pdf app yet)
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
jojoba
Addict

Thanks edbro - can I download a full folder structure with dropbox (i.e. one folder with many subfolders which each have many pdf-files)? Or does the folder structure have to be recreated on the iPad?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:11 PM   #5
hernep
Enthusiast
hernep began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story, iPad 2
I am afraid you can't copy full folders into iPad. Instead you can access individual files on Dropbox.
hernep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
jojoba
Addict

Thanks, Hernep. So I think I'll just stick to iTunes, then. It transfer the files to iAnnotate very fast and then I just need to create a folder structure there. I guess once it's up and running it's not too much maintenance.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
jojoba
Addict

OK, I think I've figured it out now - I can copy my folders over to my dropbox window, and then sync that with iAnnotate and PDF Expert. I'm happy
Old 11-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Mirrorlike
Connoisseur
Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mirrorlike has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Try ibooks as well to see which you like more. If i recall correctly, you have to drag a pdf into itunes to create a books tab.
Mirrorlike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #9
jojoba
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorlike View Post
Try ibooks as well to see which you like more. If i recall correctly, you have to drag a pdf into itunes to create a books tab.
I think copying them directly into iAnnotate works well, since I'm mainly using my iPad to make notes and annotations. It's working really well now and I'm pleased
Old 11-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #10
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Goodreader, file app pro, filebrowser. Try those.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #11
jojoba
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
Goodreader, file app pro, filebrowser. Try those.
Thanks for this. I liked the look of file app pro and have downloaded it. I have Goodreader, too.